Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tsunami Fundraiser: 'Australia Unites' Concert, Sat 8 Jan

Tsunami Fundraiser: 'Australia Unites' Concert, Sat 8 Jan

Old Jan 6th 2005, 7:57 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Tsunami Fundraiser: 'Australia Unites' Concert, Sat 8 Jan

All,

Please can I urge you to support the 'Australia Unites' Tsunami Relief Concert being held by World Vision & Channels Seven, Nine and Ten this Saturday (8th January 2005) evening. You will be able to phone in anytime up to midnight & make donations.

It will be held at Sydney Opera House, and broadcast on all 3 channels between 1830 and 2100. Here are details:

http://www.worldvision.com.au/appeal...mi/concert.asp

And I must declare a vested interest: hubby & I are among the volunteers manning the call-center handling the donations on Satuday night, and we want those phones red-hot with all your calls!

As an additional bribe: call up, donate, and you never know, you might get to speak to Anya4Oz or MarkMyWords in person!

Now, who could turn that oppo down?!

Cheers,
Anya.

Last edited by anya4oz; Jan 6th 2005 at 7:59 am.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsunami Fundraiser: 'Australia Unites' Concert, Sat 8 Jan

Originally Posted by anya4oz
All,

Please can I urge you to support the 'Australia Unites' Tsunami Relief Concert being held by World Vision & Channels Seven, Nine and Ten this Saturday (8th January 2005) evening. You will be able to phone in anytime up to midnight & make donations.

It will be held at Sydney Opera House, and broadcast on all 3 channels between 1830 and 2100. Here are details:

http://www.worldvision.com.au/appeal...mi/concert.asp

And I must declare a vested interest: hubby & I are among the volunteers manning the call-center handling the donations on Satuday night, and we want those phones red-hot with all your calls!

As an additional bribe: call up, donate, and you never know, you might get to speak to Anya4Oz or MarkMyWords in person!

Now, who could turn that oppo down?!

Cheers,
Anya.
Well done to you both and can I also urge Victorians in particular to support the cricket match on Monday 10th January at the MCG - a match between a World XI and and Asian XI which is being dubbed 'Cricket Aid'.

OzTennis
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well done Anya.
I called in with my donation. Over $15 million raised in three hours, fantastic effort & sure feel proud to be "Australian" tonight.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
sure feel proud to be "Australian" tonight.

I said the very same to scutterUK on MSN earlier.....an amazing effort!!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:18 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

This post has moved to its own thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post1952075

Last edited by MarkMyWords; Jan 9th 2005 at 12:45 am. Reason: Moved to its own thread