Tsunami?

Old Apr 4th 2007, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsunami?

Was the Solomon Islands big news in the UK? I was talking to the MIL last night and after chatting for a bit I said - oh by the way, we're all ok thanks for asking ho ho ho. She asked me what I meant so I told her and she knew nothing about it.

Just wondered if she was dense or if it didn't make much of an impact in the media???
Old Apr 4th 2007, 1:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Was the Solomon Islands big news in the UK? I was talking to the MIL last night and after chatting for a bit I said - oh by the way, we're all ok thanks for asking ho ho ho. She asked me what I meant so I told her and she knew nothing about it.

Just wondered if she was dense or if it didn't make much of an impact in the media???
Its on the BBC site here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6524537.stm
and I have seen coverage on the site oevr the last couple of days, but don't know how much TV air time it got....
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:42 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20

barely got a mention mate
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
barely got a mention mate
That's outrageous. I found something on the BBC site but it was well hidden - don't know if it was the same one Poll - didn't follow your link, sorry And there's people moaning about crap international news in Aus
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:40 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
.....the ocean looks very angry though..
You made me smile with that comment Biggy
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:20 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hiya,
'cos Steve wanted us to go home he reckons we're 20 metres above sea level on our side of the highway?
im 38 metres above so that would be about right
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
im 38 metres above so that would be about right
Looks like 'im indoors was right! Yeah, just a bit of panic on my part - fear of the unknown, so grabbing the kids was the first priority, then checking out what's happening next...my thing is the local radio / media - not a clue, other than to incite panic and our first point of call...hopeless...
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Looks like 'im indoors was right! Yeah, just a bit of panic on my part - fear of the unknown, so grabbing the kids was the first priority, then checking out what's happening next...my thing is the local radio / media - not a clue, other than to incite panic and our first point of call...hopeless...
Point noted and will be passed on in the feedback seesions