Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

St George's day 2013 in Sydney

St George's day 2013 in Sydney

Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:35 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default St George's day 2013 in Sydney

http://www.thebatandball.com.au/live...20/#comment-17

Several of my chums and I will be heading this way on Saturday, 20th April (3 days early, but hey, it's a Saturday!) to celebrate all things English. Please come and join us, especially if you like English style ale and 'Britpop' music!

If you're not familiar with the location, it's in Surry Hills, not that far from Central Station, up the hill, towards the Football and cricket grounds.

Cheers
Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:36 pm

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: St George's day 2013 in Sydney

www.thebatandball.com.au
Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:45 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

St who
Old Apr 11th 2013, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
St who
Don't you remember celebrating St George's Day in that pub in Islington last year? I have a pic of you surrounded by Union Jack bunting

Can't make it to Sydney, I shall be back on the better side of the world
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:36 am

Good on the Bat and Ball for organising something anyway. We always used to go to Paddington Bowling club, because they made an effort on St George's day for the last few years, but we'll try this place this year. It's slowly, slowly getting bigger at home, but it's still some way off the scale of St Patrick's Day! How many English people who went out on St Paddy's day will now also actually go out on their own national day????

I've celebrated on the 23rd April for as long as I can remember and even though I now live in Aus, I intend to continue putting a day aside for it every year. It should be a public holiday back home (as are the national days of Australia, Ireland, Greece, France etc).

See you on the 20th? A great excuse for a social!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't you remember celebrating St George's Day in that pub in Islington last year? I have a pic of you surrounded by Union Jack bunting

Stitch up i tell ya !!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Stitch up i tell ya !!!!!
Twas funny seeing your face as you sat there surrounded by English flags
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:52 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Was that before or after Stonewall?
Originally Posted by Pollyana

Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:54 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by IvanM
Was that before or after Stonewall?
Saw you there
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:56 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

What went on tour stays on tour.
Saw you there
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:58 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by IvanM
What went on tour stays on tour.
Schstum
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:29 pm

Just been in contact with the manager of The Bat and Ball - English style ale is on draught, George and Dragon burgers (!) will be served and a live band will be on from 8.00pm, playing britpop covers of bands such as Oasis, Blur, Stereophonics etc

So, whether you're English or not, get yourselves down there for a bit of joie de vivre. White and red colours of some description would be ideal, as would silly hats!