Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brisbane weather Radar

Brisbane weather Radar

Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future
Default Brisbane weather Radar

We live about 20km NW of Brisbane and are just about to be hit by a storm. Third night with storms.

Anyone interested can see the weather at Site .

Follow the links for other places.

It looks like this

Mike
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

P.S. the green band represents 1 inch per hour!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:20 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

For meterological fun wherever you may be

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/weather/radar/
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:12 am
WBB

the mrs is a little miffed at the moment as she cannot get through to her parents in aussie, he storm has knocked the phone line out and it wont be fixed before wednesday.

saves me a few quid on the phone bill though.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:29 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Brisbane weather Radar

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
We live about 20km NW of Brisbane and are just about to be hit by a storm. Third night with storms.

Anyone interested can see the weather at Site .

Follow the links for other places.

It looks like this

Mike

Saturday night's one was a stonker.. try being out side in it. Bl**dy drains got blocked with leaves (by the way can anyone tell me why downpipes on Aus houses go straight into the ground and not a downpipe then a gap at the bottom of the downpipe , then a drain. The way they do them here.. you can get a blockage under the ground - ie if leaves go down the downpipe, it can block up underneath the ground) . Anyway, I spent my night with a shovel, a net, a ladder and a wet vacuum cleaner, sucking out mud and leaves.. soaked to the skin in the middle of torrential rain and lightning-Brilliant!!!

Supposed to be a few more storms this week. The big one on the weekend apparently came on the anniversary of the 74 floods. Few people in Brissie had roofs damaged and had flooded homes this weekend. Not complaining mind you - we need all this rain.. trouble is now "they're" winging about it could fuel more bush fires- rain means new growth, more fuel. Can't win can you.

cheers
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:55 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Anyway, I spent my night with a shovel, a net, a ladder and a wet vacuum cleaner...
...oohhhh...orrhhh...ahhhhh...mmhhhhh...and???
Old Jan 27th 2004, 12:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Florida_03
...oohhhh...orrhhh...ahhhhh...mmhhhhh...and???
well I have to make my own entertainment .. the koalas are not much fun at all.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 12:33 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

well I have to make my own entertainment .. the koalas are not much fun at all.
OK...I've worked out the net, the ladder and the wet vacuum cleaner...but can't get the shovel to fit...
Old Jan 27th 2004, 12:38 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Saturday night's one was a stonker.. try being out side in it. Bl**dy drains got blocked with leaves (by the way can anyone tell me why downpipes on Aus houses go straight into the ground and not a downpipe then a gap at the bottom of the downpipe , then a drain. The way they do them here.. you can get a blockage under the ground - ie if leaves go down the downpipe, it can block up underneath the ground) . Anyway, I spent my night with a shovel, a net, a ladder and a wet vacuum cleaner, sucking out mud and leaves.. soaked to the skin in the middle of torrential rain and lightning-Brilliant!!!

Supposed to be a few more storms this week. The big one on the weekend apparently came on the anniversary of the 74 floods. Few people in Brissie had roofs damaged and had flooded homes this weekend. Not complaining mind you - we need all this rain.. trouble is now "they're" winging about it could fuel more bush fires- rain means new growth, more fuel. Can't win can you.

cheers
You can get anything you want at :
Rain Harvesting
Old Jan 27th 2004, 12:48 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Florida_03
OK...I've worked out the net, the ladder and the wet vacuum cleaner...but can't get the shovel to fit...

The shovel was to dig trenches - re route the water past my front door .. ie the drains were blocked so all water came gushing down with nowhere to go - my very own lake, oh what fun - ever played on the beach as a kid digging trenches to re route the sea/rivers.

This was much more fun! The trick was to ignore the lightning all around while holding a metal object ... and hope him up stairs was in a good with you.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like were in for another storm tonight.

Ceri,

Are you in the Pine rivers area? We're in Samford.

I see you also list Pyrotechnics as one of your interests. Is this true? Do you do any shows?

Mike.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:43 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
Looks like were in for another storm tonight.

Ceri,

Are you in the Pine rivers area? We're in Samford.

I see you also list Pyrotechnics as one of your interests. Is this true? Do you do any shows?

Mike.
Yes I'm in the Pine rivers shire area , closest thing I could get to my green, green grass of home

I'm not in Samford , I'm more North.

Storm didn't come to anything with us last night.. just a bit of heavy rain that didn't last long and the odd rumble.

Pyrotechnics - you haven't seen me in action with a barbie and a tin of petrol

How are you finding Samford? I don't know a lot of the Samford areas too well. Some of it is supposed to be quite beautiful.

Here's a pic of our neighbours ( this is a real photo - our back garden) - the reason why we bought were we bought... and got out of "Deadcliffe"

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Brisbane weather Radar-koala-back-garden.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

We like Samford, we havn't seen any koalas and I'm a little envious of your neighbour. All we have is bats snakes spiders and some rather cute possums.

When you say more north, is that Dayborough/Kurwangba way or Murrayfield way?

Storm didn't happen here either last night. However, as I type there is a large band of rain heading our way - I can hear the thunder as I type.

I assume deadcliffe is the place where me and my son sometimes pretend to fish.

Mike.

Yes I'm in the Pine rivers shire area , closest thing I could get to my green, green grass of home

I'm not in Samford , I'm more North.

Storm didn't come to anything with us last night.. just a bit of heavy rain that didn't last long and the odd rumble.

Pyrotechnics - you haven't seen me in action with a barbie and a tin of petrol

How are you finding Samford? I don't know a lot of the Samford areas too well. Some of it is supposed to be quite beautiful.

Here's a pic of our neighbours ( this is a real photo - our back garden) - the reason why we bought were we bought... and got out of "Deadcliffe"

cheers
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Tonights storms are up here. Hail stones smashing windows at kawana seems to be the worst of it. Really heavey rain at maroochydore we had to pull over. Nothing drastic tho.