That speech?

Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:02 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: That speech?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009115894003

They do appear to have got off lightly compared with some, I don't mean to belittle what's happened, but it's put into context by this one I think. I think the people in Brazil who comparatively have f@@k all will find it much more difficult to 'get back up again'
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Agreed.

Had the flood gone to the levels they were anticipating, her home would have been underwater and her mother's was. Give her her due, she's been out and about and it would appear working bloody long hours. Both her and Newman have been excellent 'heads' to my mind.

As for that Julia Gillard, as I said to someone on FB, if I found her doing her Funeral Director bit 'shoulder to shoulder' with me, I'd lump her with a saucepan.
ha ha ha pen i just burst out laghing at your last comment. you got her spot on
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009115894003

They do appear to have got off lightly compared with some, I don't mean to belittle what's happened, but it's put into context by this one I think. I think the people in Brazil who comparatively have f@@k all will find it much more difficult to 'get back up again'
i wouldnt call it getting off lightly.
we all know how bad it is in brasil, but maybe you should start a thread on that.
try telling some of the families that it could have been much worse if you lived in brazil.
daft comment really
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
ha ha ha pen i just burst out laghing at your last comment. you got her spot on
Afraid I've got to the stage where I turn the volume down now when she comes on.
Incessant monotonal rambling with that bloody annoying smile.
If it wasn't for her ears I'd turn off.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
If it wasn't for her ears I'd turn off.

i hate the way she always touches the person shes talking to and the fact that she bends down to talk to people who cant get up insted of getting down to their level

right now your getting me wound up lol
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:16 am
Account Closed

i wouldnt call it getting off lightly.
we all know how bad it is in brasil, but maybe you should start a thread on that.
try telling some of the families that it could have been much worse if you lived in brazil.
daft comment really
Off your high horse fella, this isn't the only or indeed worst disaster happening in the world, despite what's said. My heart goes out to all involved
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

Off your high horse fella, this isn't the only or indeed worst disaster happening in the world, despite what's said. My heart goes out to all involved
im not on a high horse. i thought your comment was silly
like me you dont have to like what i say
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the worst affected people no longer actually own TV's, the teary-eyed talking heads are of little consolation. You either donate money or help out in a practical way. I'm sure the politicians mean well but its the survivors of the situation that give the eyewitness accounts that really stirs the emotion.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

State election due next year, along with big drops in the polls for Labor in Qld. Did this have any effect on how she may have gone about "that speech"?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:21 am
Account Closed

im not on a high horse. i thought your comment was silly
like me you dont have to like what i say
I don't, it was perfectly valid in my opinion, but not in yours so hay ho
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

I don't, it was perfectly valid in my opinion, but not in yours so hay ho
There were also bushfire victims in WA that were overshadowed by the Qld drama. No ones fault but its sickening how the media runs wherever they think they can get one up on another network.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
State election due next year, along with big drops in the polls for Labor in Qld. Did this have any effect on how she may have gone about "that speech"?
I wouldnt want the job. Easy cruising until a natural disaster comes along. You cant be right for being wrong. Should you cry, should you wear pink, blah blah blah?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Actually I did consider that at one time but I don't think anyone has had time to worry about "normal" events.

Yes, we may find her political career is rescued due to this catastrophe.....much like Thatcher and the Falklands.....but if so it will be based on what she does, not what she contrived.

If time shows I was conned then I will dislike her as ever but will still award her an oscar.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
There were also bushfire victims in WA that were overshadowed by the Qld drama. No ones fault but its sickening how the media runs wherever they think they can get one up on another network.
Totally agree, I find it sickening seeing people blatantly going for good PR, Lance Armstrong for instance, announcing how much he'd personally given, crass in the extreme IMO

These things bring out the very best, and very worst in people, I'm pretty sure the premiere is sincere, but her spin team have siezed an opportunity without doubt.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who we are,"

"We are Queenslanders."

"We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

“We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."

opinions people?
Don't start me, I had a stand up row with one of our Media Liaison officers on the subject this week........it included pointing out that a certain politician telling a group of Victorians who had come up to work with us that "I appreciate all you Queenslanders standing together" might not be a good move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.