Eating out....

Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eating out....

Figured I'd try and raise some interest in peoples latest experience and critique of their last dining or talk about their next eating out venture.

We go out to restaurants now about 3 times a month.... Courtesy of my wifes salary sacrifice meals and entertainment allowance from employment in Government health here in Melbourne.

Melbourne is renowned as one of the best cities around for the average Joe to get a very good dining experience at fairly accessible prices.

Our last meal out was at the Cornish Arms hotel, Brunswick here in Melbourne with the family.... including one Vegan and one Vegetarian... fantastic craft beers on display at this pub, they do cocktails and have a pretty good wine list for a family/hipster/urban chic type pub. I had the Beef Cheek (last 3 meals out have been beef cheek, amazing how different places have different takes with this meat) Love the strong flavour of the meat and this was infused with beetroot .... Wife had Steak as she's gone Paleo with her fitness kick and the kids had faux meat and salad with unrecogniseable elements making the end product very interesting... about 180 bucks for 4 people including two rounds of drinks each.

Here's the website if anyone is interested in what is a typical dining experience in Melbournes inner North.

Cornish Arms : Eat

Now here is what got me going...

In the next couple of days we are going somewhere very special.... one of the best places in Melbourne for eating our apparently, very highly recommended, we will probably go the degustation at 65 bucks per head. Just the Wife and Myself this time around, a nice start to two weeks of on holidays. Will let you know how we go by the end of the weekend. Haven't looked forward to a meal out as much in a very very long while.

Hell of the North.

Hell of the North

Over to you guys.... love to hear from people in the UK as well.

We almost go to the fat duck here in Melbourne as well, but the guy (A Chef paying homage) that bought the 4 seats ended up taking his sister and BF instead.... not to worry too much as that saved me circa 800 bucks !
Old Aug 29th 2015, 4:21 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eating out....

I find it phenomenally frustrating that there are so many amazing restaurants here in Melbourne I will never get to try them all!

Had the best restaurant breakfast of my life last weekend within walking distance of my house - Hendriks Cafe | Mordialloc

BB