Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sever Weather Warning ....Perth and WA Coastline

Sever Weather Warning ....Perth and WA Coastline

Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:08 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sever Weather Warning ....Perth and WA Coastline

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I know Pollyanna, the sheep warnings do crack me up, I think issue them more in lambing season so the farmers can get them in to sheds if possible.

Anne, it was here in Gero we had a tornado and there were 2 in Leeman which is a very small town south of here. expected winds here are said to be stroner than yesterdays and more widespread so we could be in for a lot more structural damage.

I'd love a slab or 2 but I am not goin anywhere in my car (rtoo many swaying trees) and the bottle shop over the road has closed due to the bad weather.

Getting lots more rain here now and winds are definately getting stronger.

Kala
National Disaster Warning - The bottle shop has closed :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:08 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in City Beach and its very very dark here. I think the pool's overflowed but I'm damned if I'm going out to do something with the pump.
My aircon (heating) is broken and STILL waiting for the engineer to come out and fix. I'm cold!
Kids are behaving particularly badly as they haven't had a good runabout out side for two days.
Roll on spring!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I had to bring a fan heater to work today, it's been freezing!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:48 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
I had to bring a fan heater to work today, it's been freezing!

The SES have just been back and sorted our guttering they have also said that the Front hasn't even got here yet and we are in for in there words "much much worse"
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:53 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

The SES have just been back and sorted our guttering they have also said that the Front hasn't even got here yet and we are in for in there words "much much worse"
still pishing it down in Subi, off home to bail out the pool
Hope you guys dont get it to bad tonight.
Steve
Old Aug 17th 2005, 10:21 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Just took an hour to get home (usually is 40 mins, and 30 mins to get there), major traffic jam all along graham farmer fwy, through the tunnel and onto Mitchell, so as usual, got off at Loftus st.

It's stopped raining again here, and not much wind.

They just said on the news, Oakford (south east of Perth, in the wheatbelt I think...) had a tornado. I think one roof blew off.

hang in there Kala!!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:09 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

And here am I fixing a second storey roof right on the beach front today in this weather. Whats the going rate for danger money?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:44 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
And here am I fixing a second storey roof right on the beach front today in this weather. Whats the going rate for danger money?
OH my god, you're mad, no one would get on ours, same thing 2 story right on the beach front which is why the SES had to come out.

Hoping you are in the nice warm now

Kala
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:56 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
3pm report from Subiaco.
It looks like England outside (and ive had enough of it already )
Its gone grey, pretty dark and is pissing it down, nowhere near as hard as yesterday yet though and there doesnt seem to be much wind to go with it.
Which is good in some respects but might mean it will linger around for a while...
Im trying to train for the City to Surf run on the 28th, and the prospect of going out in this isn't exactly filling me with joy.

Steve

Sorry this needs to be said!!!!!
Well looks like australia here!!!! LOL
Brilliant blue sky's
Lovely hot sunshine
Water restrictions in place
Kids playing in pool (blow up one)
Sitting outside, having a cool beer!!!!
Fantastic, am making the most of this only happens once every 3 years!!!!!!!

Glad you've settled in Steve, let us know how it is!!!!(when the rain stops of course)

Alan and Sam (+ Girls)
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all you guys are OK over there? Kala, let us know if the SES have to rescue you
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:24 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hope all you guys are OK over there? Kala, let us know if the SES have to rescue you
Not too bad here, Still bloody windy and the rain is sporadic. Had some hail and some big gusts about an hour ago but the building is holding up.

No power to the street lights on the beach side all evening but other than a few flickers the power in her has stayed on which is good cos it is bleeding freezing so the heaters are on.

Off to bed now so hopefully nothing wakes us up

Hope everyone in Perth and the rest of the west coast is OK

Speak 2moro
Kala
Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:26 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I expected to wake up with no roof over my head, instead it's nice and sunny

bloody weather forecasters.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:19 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by walla1
I expected to wake up with no roof over my head, instead it's nice and sunny

bloody weather forecasters.

wind hs calmed down here, haven;t been out to see if there is any damage yet but nothing other than yesterdays guttering on our building.

Definately not sunny here tho, very overcast and can see heavy rainfall out to sea.

Everyone else OK?

Kala
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:48 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

wind hs calmed down here, haven;t been out to see if there is any damage yet but nothing other than yesterdays guttering on our building.

Definately not sunny here tho, very overcast and can see heavy rainfall out to sea.

Everyone else OK?

Kala
All ok here, looks pretty dark out to the North and West though so no doubt were in for another another soaking today.
Hopefully it will sort itself out for the Rugby on Saturday night, I havent got seats undercover
Steve
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:51 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you're still in one piece Kala!

A bit cloudy here, that's all.

Was cold though overnight and this morning, brrrrr!!

My parents were in Bunbury area yesterday, said there was heaps of water in the paddocks etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.