Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Secret Harbour's on fire.....

Secret Harbour's on fire.....

Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour's on fire.....

Originally Posted by caledonia
PMSL!

This really isnt funny - I got told that some years ago a helicopter was gathering up water and accidentally picked up a man too and dropped him on the fire. Maybe an urban myth??
Yes, urban myth.

Those fires are really scary. I hope all you southerners are keeping safe.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PommyDude
My mum (streaks) took me down in the car at around 8 to the beach and we took some pictures. It was very scary and sad thinking about all the animals that have died because of this- I hope the others are alright
Jak
Good point son, we often overlook the devastating effect on the wildlife
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

our fire was still burning last night but seems to be out today

Hopefully they got it under control before it got any houses, guess we'll see on GWN News tonight...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:25 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
our fire was still burning last night but seems to be out today

Hopefully they got it under control before it got any houses, guess we'll see on GWN News tonight...
Fingers crossed. stay safe everyone
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:32 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Is there any news today about the fires? Are they all out now?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by julesandco
..............well, nearly!

There's a big blaze in the Regional Park between Secret Harbour and Port Kennedy tonight.

Got some fantastic photos of the helicopters refueling at a lake and then dumping it all on the flames. The kids are out now with OH as the sky has just turned orange behind our house and when you jump on the trampoline you can see flames (and NO it's not from my thighs rubbing together in polyester ).

Stay safe everyone and what a fabulous job the FESA guys and gals go

I'll upload the photos later - they're awesome.

Jules x
hi jules... thinking of living at secret harbour,, are fires a problem there? also any other info on the place would be grand!!!...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chatty66
hi jules... thinking of living at secret harbour,, are fires a problem there? also any other info on the place would be grand!!!...
hope your all ok.. and that the fires are out...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:14 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

The fires were brought under control last night. There are a few around the Perth area - arsonists aledgedly! The fire did flare up again this afternoon, but it's all out now I believe.

Chatty - don't worry too much about the fires. SH is very suburban. The part that caught fire was a scientific park between SH and Port Kennedy; a large fenced nature reserve. What specifically do you want to know about the place - I'll try and give an honest answer

Thanks for your concern - sorry I didn't update you sooner.

Jules x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

The fires were brought under control last night. There are a few around the Perth area - arsonists aledgedly! The fire did flare up again this afternoon, but it's all out now I believe.

Chatty - don't worry too much about the fires. SH is very suburban. The part that caught fire was a scientific park between SH and Port Kennedy; a large fenced nature reserve. What specifically do you want to know about the place - I'll try and give an honest answer

Thanks for your concern - sorry I didn't update you sooner.

Jules x
hi jules... have been to rockingham and areas but missed secret harbour.. have looked on google earth etc and we both really like the look of it... what i would like to know is shops ,super markets infrastucture and also i would be working as a hairdresser are they some nice salons locally... good to hear the fires are out and that your all safe...thanks chatty
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:21 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chatty66
hi jules... have been to rockingham and areas but missed secret harbour.. have looked on google earth etc and we both really like the look of it... what i would like to know is shops ,super markets infrastucture and also i would be working as a hairdresser are they some nice salons locally... good to hear the fires are out and that your all safe...thanks chatty
We have a new shopping centre with a Woolies, salon, florist, post office, newsagent, cafe, butchers and bakers (no candlestick maker unfortunately as yet!). There is a petrol station, liquor store and 2 primary schools and 1 high school.

All in all, everything you could need really. Rockingham and Mandurah are both about a 20 minute drive away (in opposire directions) and the train line is a ten minute drive to the station.

Anything else you need to know, just ask.

Take care,

Jules x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

We have a new shopping centre with a Woolies, salon, florist, post office, newsagent, cafe, butchers and bakers (no candlestick maker unfortunately as yet!). There is a petrol station, liquor store and 2 primary schools and 1 high school.

All in all, everything you could need really. Rockingham and Mandurah are both about a 20 minute drive away (in opposire directions) and the train line is a ten minute drive to the station.

Anything else you need to know, just ask.

Take care,

Jules x
thanks jules...