Roleystone fire

Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roleystone fire

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yep, we had an electricity pole outside our house with small flames coming from sparks at the top, the poles are tethered to the houses, I called them up and they said 'Oh thats normal' and didnt want to come out and I told them it looked like the pole had candles on the top and it was sparking quite loudly and the flames were visible but if they were happy for a major fire to break out and would compensate us homeowners then thats fine. They were out within half an hour.

Same happened to our neighbour 2 years ago, the flames were actually going down the tether (whatever you call it) and they refused to come out so he dialled 000 and got the fire brigade out and WP got into quite a bit of trouble over that one.

The electricity poles here seem ancient and rather dangerous.
In places like where you live, there should not even be power poles because the electricty supple should be in underground cables. You can understand it in the hills due to the longer distances/population density, but not in normal suburbs.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Western Power's incompetence over the last few years has caused many fires - and people have died because of it.
Well in that case they should sort the problem before they have more blood on their hands then
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
In places like where you live, there should not even be power poles because the electricty supple should be in underground cables. You can understand it in the hills due to the longer distances/population density, but not in normal suburbs.
There are poles all down our street and on the main road besides.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:10 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD NEWS - they've just announced that both the Roleystone fire and the Swan fire are now under control - YAY!

Will probably burn for another 24 hours or so but at least they are under control finally!

The Roleystone fire is now a Watch and Act and the Swan Fire is an Advice! Woo hoo!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:37 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
GOOD NEWS - they've just announced that both the Roleystone fire and the Swan fire are now under control - YAY!

Will probably burn for another 24 hours or so but at least they are under control finally!

The Roleystone fire is now a Watch and Act and the Swan Fire is an Advice! Woo hoo!

I have space in my garden to accommodate a few dogs/cats/birds - I have offered it on Facebook, so if you know of anyone that needs temporary shelter for their pets, give us a shout.

Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:24 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

I have space in my garden to accommodate a few dogs/cats/birds - I have offered it on Facebook, so if you know of anyone that needs temporary shelter for their pets, give us a shout.

Will do PP. Thats very kind of you.

What suburb are you in?

BTW, did you hear - they are saying it was an off-duty police officer who was the angle grinder user / fire starter You would think he of all people would know the law
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:38 am

Will do PP. Thats very kind of you.

What suburb are you in?

BTW, did you hear - they are saying it was an off-duty police officer who was the angle grinder user / fire starter You would think he of all people would know the law
Sent you a karma message.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:04 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Sent you a karma message.
Thanks. Couple of my work collegues live in Roleystone, but fortunately at the other side of the village so not affected themselves apart from the worry. Will get them to spread the message.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:25 pm

Thanks. Couple of my work collegues live in Roleystone, but fortunately at the other side of the village so not affected themselves apart from the worry. Will get them to spread the message.
I can take a couple of small breeds of dogs - not staffies or any bulldog breeds as my Kelpie wont get on with them, I can take a couple of cats, as I have some spare cages people can lend me and I can probably take a bird or two.

It will be only temporary as I have my Dad coming in a few weeks but if it gives someone some respite then its all good.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:05 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I can take a couple of small breeds of dogs - not staffies or any bulldog breeds as my Kelpie wont get on with them, I can take a couple of cats, as I have some spare cages people can lend me and I can probably take a bird or two.

It will be only temporary as I have my Dad coming in a few weeks but if it gives someone some respite then its all good.
The off duty policeman is missing (the one that was questioned by arson squad over the use of his angle grinder that started the fire...)
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226002908651