Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Is it time to either ditch the 'Flood Watch' board or rename it to the 'Aussie Bad Weather Board'... we certainly seem to have enough of it.
I'm tempted to rename it and then move the cyclone threads in - we have Anthony heading for somewhere between Innisfail and St Lawrence, Bianca steaming ahead for Bunbury yelling Rickayyyyyyyyyyy, and a big one brewing for the Qld coast at the end of the week (unless miracles still happen) - that one could bring back the flood danger again in places..

Quick consensus from anyone around?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm tempted to rename it and then move the cyclone threads in - we have Anthony heading for somewhere between Innisfail and St Lawrence, Bianca steaming ahead for Bunbury yelling Rickayyyyyyyyyyy, and a big one brewing for the Qld coast at the end of the week (unless miracles still happen) - that one could bring back the flood danger again in places..

Quick consensus from anyone around?
Yep I think it would be easier to track (excuse the pun).
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep I think it would be easier to track (excuse the pun).
Okey dokey, thats three of us in favour (cos I'm counting Creature's suggestion above) so I think I'll do it. ........if I can work out how!!!!...... Otherwise Sue can do it later for us.....
When life calms down again they can all go back to being Aus forum threads.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 28th 2011 at 8:53 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Okey dokey, thats three of us in favour (cos I'm counting Creature's suggestion above) so I think I'll do it. ........if I can work out how!!!!...... Otherwise Sue can do it later for us.....
When life calms down again they can all go back to being Aus forum threads.
Sounds like a plan to me.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:13 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Sounds like a plan to me.
Sue's on the case
Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:30 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you guys are all taking care up there, just read about the cyclone due in the next 24 hours and another from Fiji on Thursday, is this true or just newspapers sensationalising?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:04 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Hope you guys are all taking care up there, just read about the cyclone due in the next 24 hours and another from Fiji on Thursday, is this true or just newspapers sensationalising?
Anthony's weakening but still arriving somewhere Townsville way over the next day or so and the next system is brewing out East, destination TBD but unlikely to be too far south by all accounts ...

The Courier Mail, of course, has decided the 4 horseman of the apocalypse are arriving next week and bringing their Mother In Laws for the ride judging by today's quality journalism. Sells some chip-paper I suppose.

Alert but not worried, the bread remains resolutely un-panic-bought
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:25 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Anthony's weakening but still arriving somewhere Townsville way over the next day or so and the next system is brewing out East, destination TBD but unlikely to be too far south by all accounts ...

The Courier Mail, of course, has decided the 4 horseman of the apocalypse are arriving next week and bringing their Mother In Laws for the ride judging by today's quality journalism. Sells some chip-paper I suppose.

Well I for one don't believe everything I read in the (online) newspapers so that's a relief that you are all OK.........take care y'all.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Stunning isn't it!! Would be so much better if the media took a common sense approach and just looked at sensible predictions and preparations instead of predicting the end of the world I do love your description - you thought of a change of career into journalism?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:15 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Stunning isn't it!! Would be so much better if the media took a common sense approach and just looked at sensible predictions and preparations instead of predicting the end of the world I do love your description - you thought of a change of career into journalism?
Alas I have already sold my soul and the guitar skills I was expecting are yet to materialise. I can still play Wonderwall, and that's aaaaawwwlll.

I used to write wild and wooly stuff for various on and off-line publications, I maybe should revisit that ...
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:10 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Alas I have already sold my soul and the guitar skills I was expecting are yet to materialise. I can still play Wonderwall, and that's aaaaawwwlll.

I used to write wild and wooly stuff for various on and off-line publications, I maybe should revisit that ...
Try getting a job with VIZ - Very good.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:41 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Click on the following 2 pages, for some excellent photos showing brisbane flooding.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infograph...eforeafter.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infograph...foreafter2.htm
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ Great, thank you. And a lot of the shots were not taken at the height of the floods.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Click on the following 2 pages, for some excellent photos showing brisbane flooding.

That's very cool but Tiddler was having way too much fun making places flood
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla

Awesome!

We're close by to a lot of those areas. Amazing scenes.

Thanks.