Sheep

Old Sep 21st 2014, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sheep

Sydney’s Hot Housing Speculators Spark Reserve Bank Alarm - Bloomberg

I just saw about 80 Chinese people lining up for an iPhone 6 outside the Apple store in Bondi Junction. Kind of reminds me of this article and photograph.

Now am I missing something or are they?
Old Sep 21st 2014, 3:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheep

Originally Posted by Beoz
Sydney’s Hot Housing Speculators Spark Reserve Bank Alarm - Bloomberg

I just saw about 80 Chinese people lining up for an iPhone 6 outside the Apple store in Bondi Junction. Kind of reminds me of this article and photograph.

Now am I missing something or are they?
Don't know about the property market as I don't get involved in those debates as they are pointless but the majority of the queue (90%) outside the Apple store in Perth the other day were young Asians

Definitely sheep

Last edited by Amazulu; Sep 21st 2014 at 4:19 am.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Don't know about the property market as I don't get involved in those debates as they are pointless but the majority of the queue (90%)

Definitely sheep outside the Apple store in Perth the other day were young Asians
I'm more interested in Asian culture and the desire to stand in a queue, whether it be North Western Sydney property or an iphone. Both arguably over priced yet marketed to the enth degree.

I do some business in Singapore and one of the most common questions I receive from the locals is 'who's using it'. My response it 'but do you like what you see?'. Their response is 'yes but we want to use what everyone else is using'.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 9:32 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That's an interesting aspect of (predominantly mainland) Chinese culture.

Chinese man offers to 'rent' girlfriend in order to raise money to buy the new iPhone 6 | Daily Mail Online
Old Sep 21st 2014, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
That's an interesting aspect of (predominantly mainland) Chinese culture.

Chinese man offers to 'rent' girlfriend in order to raise money to buy the new iPhone 6 | Daily Mail Online
Wow. The mind boggles. Daily Mail though.

I reckon it comes down to status. If you can own the most expensive overpriced phone and own property in the most expensive overpriced city, then you are in a winner in Chinese culture.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

They were queuing up for it because they were being paid to. These phones will be sold for 200% mark up in China. As this phone isn't released in China yet, the black market will suck this up easily.

Great phone though. I got one on preorder and delivered on Friday. The camera is probably the best smartphone camera you can get. It outclasses many standalone point and shoots as well.

I don't see the point in labelling people as 'sheep'. People want new shiny things. Some people spend their Saturdays polishing their new Porsche.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
They were queuing up for it because they were being paid to. These phones will be sold for 200% mark up in China. As this phone isn't released in China yet, the black market will suck this up easily.

Great phone though. I got one on preorder and delivered on Friday. The camera is probably the best smartphone camera you can get. It outclasses many standalone point and shoots as well.

I don't see the point in labelling people as 'sheep'. People want new shiny things. Some people spend their Saturdays polishing their new Porsche.
I'm keen to see how the 240 fps performs and how it looks when slowed down to normal speed. Other than that, its catch up. I held one over the weekend. It felt just like a 2 and a half year old Samsung S3.

Anyhow, we already know all that.

I did read somewhere that the queues of Chinese for the iPhone was the black market and price difference thing. I'm sure there's a bit of that but I'm convinced the Chinese like "bright shiny new things" as a sense of status. A bit like polishing the Porsche in the front of your Epping home on a weekend
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

True. My Aussie friends who live in Hong Kong buy as many iPhones from the AU store as they can reasonably get delivered each time a new model comes out. They then make a killing selling them on the black market in Mong Kok.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I'm keen to see how the 240 fps performs and how it looks when slowed down to normal speed. Other than that, its catch up. I held one over the weekend. It felt just like a 2 and a half year old Samsung S3.

Anyhow, we already know all that.

I did read somewhere that the queues of Chinese for the iPhone was the black market and price difference thing. I'm sure there's a bit of that but I'm convinced the Chinese like "bright shiny new things" as a sense of status. A bit like polishing the Porsche in the front of your Epping home on a weekend
Yeah butwe're aware of how you review these things, ie not very in depth.

The 240fps is for slow motion so I believe you mean speeding it up to normal speed instead of slowing it down. The slow motion is good quality and the image stabilisation improves it again.

This phone is better than any of the Galaxy phones. Throwing spec in a phone doesn't make it better. Neither does throwing in bloat ware. Anyway, it's a great machine and IOS 8 makes it fantastic. Highly recommended.

Here is an example of the 240fps. It was longer but I cut it.

vimeo:///videos/106721771

Last edited by knockoff nige; Sep 22nd 2014 at 12:31 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the British did queueing. Been outdone by foreigners!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look at the 6 Plus on Friday and it indeed looks like a great phone

I will be interested to see how the Note 4 stacks up as it has a better spec

At the Apple store on Friday there were young Asians buying 3 or 4 phones. Obviously for resale but dropping $5k on a few phones is out there
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Nigel on the sheep thing, we're all sheep wrt not just iphones etc, but numerous others, the only difference is what flock you belong to. Steve Jobs, now he was a shepherd, as is the guvnor of that vast animal that is Samsung.

Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a

Steve
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:47 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I'm with Nigel on the sheep thing, we're all sheep wrt not just iphones etc, but numerous others, the only difference is what flock you belong to. Steve Jobs, now he was a shepherd, as is the guvnor of that vast animal that is Samsung.

Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a

Steve
You can bleat as much as you like but I've never owned an ianything
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
You can bleat as much as you like but I've never owned an ianything
not even an iron by the looks of your shirt haha
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
not even an iron by the looks of your shirt haha
It's not my fault the wench has gone off on holiday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.