Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Members in QLD/NSW update here please

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
WOWEEEE SOME CRAZY ASS STORM JUST PASSED OVER!!! 32 degrees then suddenly hail, thunder and lightening, FREAKY!!!

http://reg.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml#skip

It was heavier than last weeks but just nowhere near as long, obviously! MENTAL!
Originally Posted by Pollyana
"Normal" Queensland summer storm ....I'd rather be dealing with them than last week's events anyday......
Yep and it's just washed the road nicely and all the brown muddy grass.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:04 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we finally got power on today (in Graceville) and so are back home tonight, after 10 days staying at friends/rellies/working non-stop.

I can't tell you how nice it is to finally get home and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight, after 10 long days at work with long muddy shifts trying to maintain some kind of order amongst the chaos and trying to help people out, sleeping at other people's houses isn't much fun (I'm too old for that these days!).

But I am so lucky to have a nice house to come home to today when so many people in my street (including my lovely next door neighbour) won't be coming home for some time as they got all flooded out and have to rip out the insides of their houses

Thank you so much to all the volunteers who have been helping everyone out, and to those who have offered help and support to us. My faith in mankind has been thoroughly restored, which is no mean feat when I usually deal with the less savory members of society in my job

Em x
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we finally got power on today (in Graceville) and so are back home tonight, after 10 days staying at friends/rellies/working non-stop.

I can't tell you how nice it is to finally get home and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight, after 10 long days at work with long muddy shifts trying to maintain some kind of order amongst the chaos and trying to help people out, sleeping at other people's houses isn't much fun (I'm too old for that these days!).

But I am so lucky to have a nice house to come home to today when so many people in my street (including my lovely next door neighbour) won't be coming home for some time as they got all flooded out and have to rip out the insides of their houses

Thank you so much to all the volunteers who have been helping everyone out, and to those who have offered help and support to us. My faith in mankind has been thoroughly restored, which is no mean feat when I usually deal with the less savory members of society in my job

Em x
Have a wonderful night's sleep and welcome home. Keep up the good work.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Hi Guys,

Em x
Strange how things like this bring out the best as well as the worst in people isn't it.
I bet it was pure bliss being at home at long last - I just can't get over how lucky you were to escape unscathed, I was sure your place was doomed - guess it would've been if the water had reached the predicted peak.
We must try and catch up soon - and have you got any tips for the lottery numbers?!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:40 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Strange how things like this bring out the best as well as the worst in people isn't it.
I bet it was pure bliss being at home at long last - I just can't get over how lucky you were to escape unscathed, I was sure your place was doomed - guess it would've been if the water had reached the predicted peak.
We must try and catch up soon - and have you got any tips for the lottery numbers?!!
I was sure my place was doomed too! When I couldn't get home those first two nights, and I saw a shot of Graceville on the news while I was at work, I thought there's no way my house isn't under water. It was hard to keep on working such long shifts - a bit distracting when you think your own house is under water! But at least I felt like I was doing something to help. So yeah, I was very lucky indeed!

Definitely have to catch up soon. But as for lottery numbers, if I knew the answer to that I'd be buying a nice house on the top of a hill!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:04 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Members in QLD/WA/VIC update here please

OK, can we have a check-in here again please, extended and added to threefold this time - Queensland cyclones, Vic floods and now WA bushfires - or indeed any variation on or combination of the above.

There are people who we haven't heard from yet - Bix comes to mind, though I have seen a post on FB to say they're OK. Turban Explorer has been found with boat somewhere in a mangrove swamp - not sure if thats a mangrove swamp in Qld or if they got blown to one in NT, but they are safe!

If anyone knows anyone in a disaster affected area, and they HAVEN'T been heard from yet, can you post in here too so we can try and track down if they are OK..............
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:01 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

Burbage in the Atherton Tablelands got power back on Friday so I know he's ok.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Bix is ok and has now got power, as is Sasha (snappy)

Can we change the title to FIRES too, poor WA are copping it bad, as are parts of VIC with fires... Lets hope anymore disasters **** off and miss us!!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by hevs
Bix is ok and has now got power, as is Sasha (snappy)

Can we change the title to FIRES too, poor WA are copping it bad, as are parts of VIC with fires... Lets hope anymore disasters **** off and miss us!!
Yep, disaster affected parts of Aus includes everyone - I saw the Fires have started up again - not going to change all the individual posts but the main title is changed
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, disaster affected parts of Aus includes everyone - I saw the Fires have started up again - not going to change all the individual posts but the main title is changed
Jeeze...lazy!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:45 am
Home and Happy

Jeeze...lazy!
I'm all disastered out, four nights off, I'm allowed to be lazy
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

4 nights!!! WTH! Now we're just asking for trouble!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well you've done a fabulous job keeping us all informed.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, all okay here.

Thanks to every one for their concern.

We were without power for over 48 hours.
Internet and phones took longer and have been up and down like a jack in the box.

First got back online last night but was knocked off again within a few minutes. Seems to have settled down now.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:10 am
Home and Happy

4 nights!!! WTH! Now we're just asking for trouble!
I have this ominous feeling they are trying to give some of us a rest in case summat else is round the corner........and if I'm honest I do have a report to write in that time, which involves spending time on facebook, twitter and internet forums

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Well you've done a fabulous job keeping us all informed.
thank you kind sir

Originally Posted by Bix
Yep, all okay here.

Thanks to every one for their concern.

We were without power for over 48 hours.
Internet and phones took longer and have been up and down like a jack in the box.

First got back online last night but was knocked off again within a few minutes. Seems to have settled down now.
Good to see you back - was your mane at all ruffled by Yasi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.