Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

BE Members in disaster-affected parts of Aus update here please

Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (HTC Desire: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by Kim67
Originally Posted by Alfresco
Wirelessly posted (HTC Desire: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Still alive. No power here until Sunday. Road cut off.
Good luck - hope you have plenty of beer and ice in the eski.
Yep. Was first thing on my emergency list.

Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hi,

All ok where we are. GEM road is flooded and impassable so we are stuck here.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_MWcZ1BsFJnU/TS...0/P1040098.JPG
You seem to have aged a lot since you got here! But at least you are well.

Thanks everyone for adding your bit and good luck.
Maturity.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Members in QLD/NSW update here please

Maturity.
Good to hear from you matey
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Road is all drained this morning. Just need a generator now. I wonder if Bunnings will be open.
The husband has spent the last two days repairing pumps and gennies to be sent up the road. Out of others misfortune and all that. The number of people who have sent in machines to be serviced and repaired in order to send them up is amazing. There are some good people out there.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Road is all drained this morning. Just need a generator now. I wonder if Bunnings will be open.
The husband has spent the last two days repairing pumps and gennies to be sent up the road. Out of others misfortune and all that. The number of people who have sent in machines to be serviced and repaired in order to send them up is amazing. There are some good people out there.
Yeah. Spent most of the day helping clear neighbours houses full of sludge. Helped move their stuff back.

Power still off.

Hopefully it'll be back on soon according to the radio.

River has dropped loads. Road clear. Nothing much in shops though.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Power back on.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Power back on.
YAYYYYYYY
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Chez Vim is still happily above water, creek is falling, roads passable, much rejoicing for now.

Good luck everyone else.
Thank Goodness you are not under water.What would we do if your disgraceful comments were halted???????????
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:52 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Graceville, near the river. We raised everything at home as high as we could before leaving Weds morning. OH went to north Bris to stay with his sister, I went to work where I've been pretty much ever since. Couldn't get home for the last 2 nights so just been wondering if the house was flooded. I've worked 15 hour shifts (I'm at South Bank/West End which is really badly affected) and just ducked to a mate's near work to get a few hours kip because couldn't get home.

My Station is flooded out so we're working out of another nearby station. I had to borrow bits and pieces of other people's uniforms because mine was all in the flooded Station! Yesterday I did my patrols of West End in a boat, going along seeing the roofs of people's houses - it's been unbelievable.

Finally made it home this arvo to find my house is fine, the flood made it to my front door and stopped. My next door neighbour, plus the house behind us plus the house opposite us are flooded out. Their houses and their stuff is wrecked, it's just awful. We must be the luckiest people in Graceville. Our street looks like a war zone, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. From my next door neighbours house down, the houses are ruined, with people everywhere covered in mud, houses gone under and everyone's possessions piled out on the street because it's all ruined. It's just terrible.

Staying at sister-in-law's house tonight (with OH finally!) now we can get through as still no power at home. Don't know when we'll be able to get home, just very thankful we got away with it by the skin of our teeth.

OH will help with the neighbours clean ups while I go back to work. It's going to be crazy for quite a while yet......

Thinking of those who weren't so lucky....
Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Power back on.

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Thank Goodness you are not under water.What would we do if your disgraceful comments were halted???????????
He'd probably manage to post from underwater

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
We're in Graceville, near the river. We raised everything at home as high as we could before leaving Weds morning. OH went to north Bris to stay with his sister, I went to work where I've been pretty much ever since. Couldn't get home for the last 2 nights so just been wondering if the house was flooded. I've worked 15 hour shifts (I'm at South Bank/West End which is really badly affected) and just ducked to a mate's near work to get a few hours kip because couldn't get home.

My Station is flooded out so we're working out of another nearby station. I had to borrow bits and pieces of other people's uniforms because mine was all in the flooded Station! Yesterday I did my patrols of West End in a boat, going along seeing the roofs of people's houses - it's been unbelievable.

Finally made it home this arvo to find my house is fine, the flood made it to my front door and stopped. My next door neighbour, plus the house behind us plus the house opposite us are flooded out. Their houses and their stuff is wrecked, it's just awful. We must be the luckiest people in Graceville. Our street looks like a war zone, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. From my next door neighbours house down, the houses are ruined, with people everywhere covered in mud, houses gone under and everyone's possessions piled out on the street because it's all ruined. It's just terrible.

Staying at sister-in-law's house tonight (with OH finally!) now we can get through as still no power at home. Don't know when we'll be able to get home, just very thankful we got away with it by the skin of our teeth.

OH will help with the neighbours clean ups while I go back to work. It's going to be crazy for quite a while yet......

SO glad your place is ok Has to be really odd floating along among the house though
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:17 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, I am grateful we are dry
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:33 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

FANNNNNNNtastic, so happy for you, stay safe!!!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:49 pm
Mostly Harmless

Good news for you, not so good for others obviously.

Best of luck with the clean-ups, we are off to a friend's tomorrow to help out ... it's a very fine line between victim and helper ...
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Good news for you, not so good for others obviously.

Best of luck with the clean-ups, we are off to a friend's tomorrow to help out ... it's a very fine line between victim and helper ...
That is an accurate comment.There is a fine line between victim & helper.It s been incredible watching all the volunteers turning up to help clear the debris and attempt to get peoples lives back on track. Guess so many people including we NSW`ers are so aware that`it could have been us`.Keep up your good work everyone.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

That is an accurate comment.There is a fine line between victim & helper.It s been incredible watching all the volunteers turning up to help clear the debris and attempt to get peoples lives back on track. Guess so many people including we NSW`ers are so aware that`it could have been us`.Keep up your good work everyone.
OH and MIL are heading into the city by council bus to help out tomorrow, unfortunately it's no place for a 5yo so my turn will have to wait.

We also have friends in Ipswich so it's going to be a long haul. The best news is all are well healthwise.

Good luck all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.