Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

MARINE TSUNAMI WARNING - VIC,TAS,NSW,QLD

MARINE TSUNAMI WARNING - VIC,TAS,NSW,QLD

Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:05 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MARINE TSUNAMI WARNING - NSW and QLD

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As I said above......I do post as me though, NOT as an official government source, and any opinions are my own
Sorry about that - I was quoting the wrong post!

So I've deleted my own.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MARINE TSUNAMI WARNING - VIC,TAS,NSW,QLD

Youngest daughter just came home and said 'did you know there was a Tsunami this morning?' Yes I said, hope you didn't go to the beach, 'oh were we not supposed to? I noticed it was closed but we walked down there anyway' Jeezus wept does she never listen to me? Mind you, had she stayed at her mates and it had been a big one she'd have been hit there anyway. Got to love kids
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:15 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Time to get out the surf board and hit the beach, it will be like the film " Point Break" at the end
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MARINE TSUNAMI WARNING - NSW and QLD

Originally Posted by Wol
Sorry about that - I was quoting the wrong post!

So I've deleted my own.
No problem mate!!!

Originally Posted by mohogony
Time to get out the surf board and hit the beach
What annoys me about that attitude is not that you are putting your own life in danger, but if you get into trouble other people have to risk their lives to rescue the likes of you.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 28th 2010 at 3:03 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:27 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Anyone checked to see if New Zealand still there?

Last edited by mohogony; Feb 28th 2010 at 3:30 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...74-952,00.html

LIFESAVERS have blasted hundreds of surfers who defied tsunami warnings and hit the waves on Gold and Sunshine coast beaches yesterday.

Crowds of onlookers along the coast also were criticised for ignoring tsunami warnings issued by the weather bureau to avoid coastal areas. Many ventured to vantage points with their children, despite the unknown risk.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:07 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...74-952,00.html

LIFESAVERS have blasted hundreds of surfers who defied tsunami warnings and hit the waves on Gold and Sunshine coast beaches yesterday.

Crowds of onlookers along the coast also were criticised for ignoring tsunami warnings issued by the weather bureau to avoid coastal areas. Many ventured to vantage points with their children, despite the unknown risk.

The stupidity beggars belief. They have no regard for those that would have to rescue them, I couldn't believe it when I saw on the news that people were still swimming despite being told to leave the water.