Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Larry in the lions den

Larry in the lions den

Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Larry in the lions den

Everywhere
Attached Thumbnails Larry in the lions den-100_0988.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_0989.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_0990.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_0991.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_0998.jpg  

Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Some biggies
Attached Thumbnails Larry in the lions den-100_0999.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_1002.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_1003.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_1006.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_1010.jpg  

Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:56 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Good for the mulching
Attached Thumbnails Larry in the lions den-100_1011.jpg   Larry in the lions den-100_1013.jpg  
Old Mar 27th 2006, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bix][QUOTE=tonyk38] How often would you say you get 'extreme' weather up there Bix?

It's the first I've witnessed in my 17 months here Tony.
Thanks.

Hope your life can return to normal now!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Craigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really nice

Thanks for the pics. Can you make sure it is all tidy for when I arrive next week...
Old Mar 27th 2006, 3:11 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Good for the mulching
Bet that's as much excitement as you need for the year! So glad to hear that you and yours are all safe and sound, Bixie.

Nicky
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Craigy
Thanks for the pics. Can you make sure it is all tidy for when I arrive next week...
We have an honoury guard of crocs standing by
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Craigy
Can you make sure it is all tidy for when I arrive next week...
Excellent! Another volunteer for Innisfail. Ask customs on the way through as to where to collect your orange safety vest, chainsaw and hammer. Just join the queue of others wearing orange and get on the free bus.

Keep your head and just nod in agreement. You'll get on fine.

WW
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Bix. Our friends up there were telling us about it the other night. From what they said some places were descimiated whilst a few doors down, hardly anything. Very glad I wasn't up there. From what we hear down here, there is plenty of help and resources now so hopefully things can start to get back on track.

Good to hear the schools were open again. Makes it easier to do stuff without worrying about the children.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:58 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

bleddy ell boi... e dunt get that in Newlyn....

Glad you're all ok tho...
Sonic x
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Craigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
We have an honoury guard of crocs standing by
That sounds great - just make sure they are well fed!!!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 6:09 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

blimey....glad to hear you came through it intact bixie!!

hope the clear up isnt too long......
Old Nov 12th 2006, 1:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cyclone Larry - Tales of Survival from the children of North Queensland

I hope Bix doesn't mind me resurrecting his thread - I haven't asked him yet! - but I thought it was the best place to put my post.
=======================================

Those of us that live in Queensland will never forget Tropical Cyclone Larry, which hit the Innisfail area on March 20th. I work for the Dept of Emergency Services, and - as The Bloke will tell you - my life centred around Larry and the recovery work for many weeks.
Many children in the Innisfail area are still trying to come to terms with the devastating effects of the cyclone - not only did it impact on their environment, but it also hit their own lives, and the lasting impact is harder for children to understand than it is for us adults. Helping the children of the Innisfail area to recover from the effects of the cyclone is an important part of the ongoing recovery work, and a group of local parents and childcare workers have put together a book which contains the stories, poems and pictures that the children produced after the cyclone.

Called "Cyclone Larry - Tales of Survival from the children of North Queensland" it is very thought provoking, even chilling in places, hearing children telling of windows blowing in and showering them with glass. The stories of birds and animals that were killed, and of children distraught because their schools were destroyed.

All the money raised by the sale of the book will go towards providing new play areas for the children, replacing those destroyed. Have a look at the website if you are interested and order a copy though them

If anyone is interested in purchasing the book, it is available through the website

www.mothershelpingothers.org/

I should add that no-one from the organisation has approached me and asked me to promote it, and I am posting it as "me" not as a Mod.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:07 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that Polly I would like a copy of the book, looks like they only distrubute in Oz though?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
thanks for that Polly I would like a copy of the book, looks like they only distrubute in Oz though?
Done a bit of digging - although it takes you to an ebay Aus page, there is also an ebay UK page here, so it looks like they will send it worldwide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.