Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Illawarra - Flood Warnings

Illawarra - Flood Warnings

Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:18 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Illawarra - Flood Warnings

It's hammering down here in Shellharbour at the minute, worksite shut cos our utes aren't aquatic, my garage probably flooded by now, what a shocker!!

Lara Bingle you're a lying cow

Where the bloody hell are ya?? Under a farkin brolly, that's where
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well according to the my local radio station the 42ml of rain overnight and 60km gusts were just a taster.. so yeah, "ahead".
According to the moistness of my bedroom ceiling and the water in the tub under it, yes, it's wet.

(Yes, leak still not fixed, still arguing with management, now have call in to solicitor. 17 weeks.)
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:36 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
According to the moistness of my bedroom ceiling and the water in the tub under it, yes, it's wet.

(Yes, leak still not fixed, still arguing with management, now have call in to solicitor. 17 weeks.)
Well it IS wet, has BEEN wet and seems to be STAYING wet since wednesday...can't be much more bloody water left up there can there???
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:10 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Well it IS wet, has BEEN wet and seems to be STAYING wet since wednesday...can't be much more bloody water left up there can there???
It stopped for ten minutes this morning. I know because the dog went outside without me having to put my foot up his arse. Apparently the waterfalls off the escarpment are looking good too!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:33 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
It stopped for ten minutes this morning. I know because the dog went outside without me having to put my foot up his arse. Apparently the waterfalls off the escarpment are looking good too!
I'll be checking them out tomorrow morning when I get up and look out of my balconey!! Have great views of the escarpment and beaches from my lovely little hovel on the beach!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:39 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be checking them out tomorrow morning when I get up and look out of my balconey!! Have great views of the escarpment and beaches from my lovely little hovel on the beach!
Do you live in one of those boat sheds on Sandon Point then?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Do you live in one of those boat sheds on Sandon Point then?
Bizarrely enough...within spitting distance!! lol
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:15 am
beach bum

Bizarrely enough...within spitting distance!! lol
Well I can nearly spit on the other side of the same beach.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

See that's why no-one goes to the northern beaches, too much phlegm on em the harbour was something to behold today, reckon kiama blowhole must have been on form too, love the gong
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:52 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by stevenglish
See that's why no-one goes to the northern beaches, too much phlegm on em the harbour was something to behold today, reckon kiama blowhole must have been on form too, love the gong
And whale poop. Causes global warming apparently and so all this rain must be something to do with them.

On a slightly (totally) different note - you two should get yersens to Beaches Thirroul on 7th August to see 19 Twenty, awesome blues slide guitarist who is off to Europe for 12 months. He's from Kiama I think? Or maybe Dapto! Ha.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 1:33 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Yeah I am tempted to pop down to Kiama and see what action is occurring!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:34 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

MORE bad weather in the 'gong????

So glad I am not there.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 11:20 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Beedubya
MORE bad weather in the 'gong????

So glad I am not there.
Its actually been very nice today, bright sunshine and a gorgeous clear sky night!! Bizarre!