Selling websites

Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Selling websites

A friend asked me to research into websites that allow you to advertise your products for sale (not auction). I have found flippa but not much else. Can anyone recommend anything else?
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling websites

Originally Posted by discobay
A friend asked me to research into websites that allow you to advertise your products for sale (not auction). I have found flippa but not much else. Can anyone recommend anything else?
Gumtree
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Gumtree
Not really suitable as she has a number of products to sell.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:01 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

You can sell multiple items on Gumtree. It's a faff to upload info separately but as it's free, I'm happy to do it.

Buy it Now on Ebay

What sort of things is she selling? If it's arts & crafts stuff, try Etsy.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not really suitable as she has a number of products to sell.
Gumtree allows that, its got a good turnover too

Oztion used to be good but is now owned by Carsales and any smaller sales are falling by the wayside. however listing is free.

Ebay allows 40 free auctions per month for non commercial sellers, and the buy it now option is free at present.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks will take another look at eBay as it has the PayPal escrow service
Old Mar 19th 2015, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

You can open as many EBay accounts as you want using different email addresses if you have more than 40 items for sale.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 5:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
You can open as many EBay accounts as you want using different email addresses if you have more than 40 items for sale.
Be careful though cos if ebay catches up with you they ban all the accounts (its in the small print - I had that idea so I checked!). If yu've got a good reputation going back a while I'm not sure its worth the risk. I've had ebay query a couple of my listings n the past (wrongly, it turned out!!) so there are spot checks around.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Be careful though cos if ebay catches up with you they ban all the accounts (its in the small print - I had that idea so I checked!). If yu've got a good reputation going back a while I'm not sure its worth the risk. I've had ebay query a couple of my listings n the past (wrongly, it turned out!!) so there are spot checks around.
I have four EBay accounts at the moment although not for nefarious reasons, I hasten to add. Just for when I have a large number of things for sale. They all use the same paypal account as well so I would be pretty easy to catch if they wanted to. I always assumed that as long as you pay all the fees they'd be happy to keep taking them from you no matter how many accounts you have.

Kind you, perhaps I have just been lucky - if it's in the small print then you have a very valid point.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 12:06 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
I have four EBay accounts at the moment although not for nefarious reasons, I hasten to add. Just for when I have a large number of things for sale. They all use the same paypal account as well so I would be pretty easy to catch if they wanted to. I always assumed that as long as you pay all the fees they'd be happy to keep taking them from you no matter how many accounts you have.

Kind you, perhaps I have just been lucky - if it's in the small print then you have a very valid point.
Been back to see what it was I had read, like I say I was going to try it as I sell stuff that isn't viable if I have to pay for listings, its all low priced. But I did find this when I went looking for the small print.....

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences. so I guess if the reason for multiple accounts is to get more free listings each month, technically its not allowed.
Using multiple accounts
Old Apr 6th 2015, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute

shopify?