Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Heat Warning, Brisbane & SEQ

Heat Warning, Brisbane & SEQ

Old Nov 13th 2014, 5:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heat Warning, Brisbane & SEQ

Hot off the press (no pun intended) from my tame weather bureau person......

Friday: Warm to hot - Max temps are likely to be about 32°C in the CBD, increasing to 36°C in western suburbs.

Saturday - Hot temperatures, max likely to be about 35°C in the CBD, increasing to 41°C in western suburbs. CBD temps could exceed forecast if hot westerly winds delay the afternoon sea breeze. The hot and dry conditions with westerly winds are likely to lead to Very High fire dangers over southeast Queensland, including Brisbane.

Sunday - as Saturday but maximum temps could be about 39°C in the CBD, increasing to 42°C in western suburbs.

Monday - A weak east to southeasterly wind change expected to push over Brisbane and will help to reduce temperatures, with a max of 32°C expected in the city. In the western suburbs the cooling effect will be less with temperatures still likely reaching the mid 30’s.

====================
Stay safe and drink lots!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heat Warning, Brisbane & SEQ

Thank you. I plan to stay safe and drinks lots.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

Should I be worried? I considered buying a portable aircon from kmart because the inbuilt one isn't cold enough. The car aircon is nice though, blows like a december evening in Wiltshire. if it gets really bad I'll just go sit in there.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser
Should I be worried? I considered buying a portable aircon from kmart because the inbuilt one isn't cold enough. The car aircon is nice though, blows like a december evening in Wiltshire. if it gets really bad I'll just go sit in there.
Judging by your previous posts, if I were you I'd send the entire weekend in the car!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser
On those days in December in Wiltshire I'd either be under 5 blankets and a quilt, or down the pub with its roaring fire, doing the Telegraph crossword with my dad! (Our house had the world's most inefficient heater.)
Old Nov 14th 2014, 12:21 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
On those days in December in Wiltshire I'd either be under 5 blankets and a quilt, or down the pub with its roaring fire, doing the Telegraph crossword with my dad! (Our house had the world's most inefficient heater.)
Think Victoran vicarages with only one fire, and too expensive to use central heating! Used to enjoy making patterns on the ice on the inside of the bedroom windows!
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think Victoran vicarages with only one fire, and too expensive to use central heating! Used to enjoy making patterns on the ice on the inside of the bedroom windows!
Yup, ice on the inside of windows was a common occurrence in my bedroom, as none of the windows fitted properly and there was a gap between the floorboards so that you could see down through the garage window. My bedroom was in the roof part of a chalet bungalow above the garage, so freezing in winter and boiling in summer. Also only enough hot water for my dad to have a bath, so we tended to have a wash down , or as kids use the bathwater after he'd been in- by which time it was tepid and hairy.

My gran lived in a turn of the century house high on a hill, and would only light the fire when visitors came. It was always freezing cold, no matter what time of year. My friend Deborah lived in an old vicarage too, and so I know what you mean about cold! No wonder so many parents were to be found in the pub!!

Last edited by carolinephillips; Nov 15th 2014 at 8:33 pm.