Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Heat & probably storms next......

Heat & probably storms next......

Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heat & probably storms next......

35-37 degrees predicted for Southeast Queensland Sunday and Monday, with storms inevitably building as a result......

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/envi...218-1aylr.html
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heat & probably storms next......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
35-37 degrees predicted for Southeast Queensland Sunday and Monday, with storms inevitably building as a result......

Won't last too long though, back to 28 by Tuesday.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:34 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Won't last too long though, back to 28 by Tuesday.
Yep, shortlived but could be a bit of a scorcher; I'm on nights, I shall sleep through it
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:40 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

35 around here today and Tomorrow. 22 on Monday.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:07 am
Home and Happy

Storms likely across Brisbane and the southeast of Queensland from maybe as early as 10am tomorrow, lasting throughout the afternoon in places. The band of storm cells is likely to move north towards the Sunshine Coast/Gympie as the day goes on.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:21 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Hot on cricket pitch today ... didn't help my day that I played a full toss with my Adam's Apple ... Suffice to say I am largely mute at the moment ... And we lost thanks to some ridiculous umpiring ...
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Hot on cricket pitch today ... didn't help my day that I played a full toss with my Adam's Apple ... Suffice to say I am largely mute at the moment ... And we lost thanks to some ridiculous umpiring ...
Not your day all round really. At least you can still type, and hopefully drown your sorrows without your throat hurting too much
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:50 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Not your day all round really. At least you can still type, and hopefully drown your sorrows without your throat hurting too much
I took a decent catch and returned from my early retirement to post my first 'not out' (I open the batting) so it's not all bad ... cold beer is being forced down by throat, the pain of swallowing is being offset suffiently ... looking forward to the cool change ...
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

I took a decent catch and returned from my early retirement to post my first 'not out' (I open the batting) so it's not all bad ... cold beer is being forced down by throat, the pain of swallowing is being offset suffiently ... looking forward to the cool change ...
for the catch and the Not Out!!

Keep taking the medicinal beer, very good for the throat! By the look of the radar there's a fair bit of moisture building up in the air, and we have a storm warning current out west, so I think we'll see some storm action before it gets cooler
Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:49 am
Mostly Harmless

for the catch and the Not Out!!

Keep taking the medicinal beer, very good for the throat! By the look of the radar there's a fair bit of moisture building up in the air, and we have a storm warning current out west, so I think we'll see some storm action before it gets cooler
Ta, I just can eat tuna, I will not starve, look at the size of Whales, they must eat tuna.

Time to unplug stuff I think, I suspect we are going to cop a battering down here ...
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:37 am
Home and Happy

Ta, I just can eat tuna, I will not starve, look at the size of Whales, they must eat tuna.

Time to unplug stuff I think, I suspect we are going to cop a battering down here ...
Gonna be a pretty big battering all round I reckon.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna be a pretty big battering all round I reckon.
52 mm in 45 minutes. Lots of lightning and thunder.

It has moved on eastward from Kenmore -> Brisbane looks like.

Had some power brownouts so unplugged everything. Just switched it all back on a few mins ago.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Alfresco
52 mm in 45 minutes. Lots of lightning and thunder.

It has moved on eastward from Kenmore -> Brisbane looks like.

Had some power brownouts so unplugged everything. Just switched it all back on a few mins ago.
Keep your eye on the radar, there's another band coming behind.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:02 am
Mostly Harmless

First one missed us but the sequel seems to have done the trick, hail-free praise be
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's here NOW and DW is riding her bike home from work. I offered to fetch her and now she's not answering her phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.