Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Good luck to people "üp north"....

Good luck to people "üp north"....

Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:25 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck to people "üp north"....

Well that was a pretty terrifying experience and the winds seemed to go on forever Finally ventured outside into our yard this morning to have a proper look as it was just far too wet and windy yesterday and next door have a tree down which damaged our fence a little but we've already mended that, our pool is absolutely full of palm fronds and the yard will need a bit of a tidy up. The house is fine and most importantly so are we. We've been lucky enough to have power throughout, lost mobile phone coverage though. We've also had water although we're being told to use it sparingly. Things could have been so much worse though. Thank you Polly for your updates and everyone else for your good wishes it means a lot
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you are ok
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:47 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
Well that was a pretty terrifying experience and the winds seemed to go on forever Finally ventured outside into our yard this morning to have a proper look as it was just far too wet and windy yesterday and next door have a tree down which damaged our fence a little but we've already mended that, our pool is absolutely full of palm fronds and the yard will need a bit of a tidy up. The house is fine and most importantly so are we. We've been lucky enough to have power throughout, lost mobile phone coverage though. We've also had water although we're being told to use it sparingly. Things could have been so much worse though. Thank you Polly for your updates and everyone else for your good wishes it means a lot
great news
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:50 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're fine Julie!

I was without power for five days as you know. Was going half out of my mind with the indoor heat and humidity.

Street looks trashed. Huge rainforest trees down near the Botanical Gardens and one big one that came down towards the other end of the street. The forest will take years to recover.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:19 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Great to hear you're fine Julie!

I was without power for five days as you know. Was going half out of my mind with the indoor heat and humidity.

Street looks trashed. Huge rainforest trees down near the Botanical Gardens and one big one that came down towards the other end of the street. The forest will take years to recover.
Hi Tony, that last hour chatting on facebook where we were trying to decide if the cyclone was heading your way up to Cairns or my way down to Townsville I have never been so scared. I'm so relieved that neither of us got the direct hit but so sorry for those who did
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:54 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony, that last hour chatting on facebook where we were trying to decide if the cyclone was heading your way up to Cairns or my way down to Townsville I have never been so scared. I'm so relieved that neither of us got the direct hit but so sorry for those who did
My sentiments exactly.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
Haha...its got holes in it...so its only fair to let them..bit like a war medal!
were all ok, heaps of trees down, pavements lifted up, roofs off and the strand looks a little on the devastated side. Were still getting very strong winds. Huge floods everywhere too......but were out the other side and the spirit of the locals makes us realise why we love this place so much.
Ermmmmmmm is this the other half of your sign?!! SItting in our photo archive labelled "Half Hungry Jacks sign TSV"
Attached Thumbnails Good luck to people "üp north"....-hungry-jacks-tvl.jpg  
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ermmmmmmm is this the other half of your sign?!! SItting in our photo archive labelled "Half Hungry Jacks sign TSV"
Haha...no, ours was'nt as big....but when cleaning out the front yard, I found the frozen coke sign too.....haha