Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it

Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it

Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:20 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it

Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:19 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

OMG how much more can we take!! What a few days! HAd 2 very hairy drives to work and back today and had to get out in my wellies at work and wade in to stop the water coming in by unblocking the drains.

This is so heartbreaking now, when will it stop.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
A friend who's a teacher should have been back for work on the 3rd, she's up just north of Emerald but came home for Christmas, started heading up there and got as far as Eumundi, kipping on a friends floor. I told her to get back down here to her mum's house, she's never going to get back at this rate.
She can stay with me?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
OMG how much more can we take!! What a few days! HAd 2 very hairy drives to work and back today and had to get out in my wellies at work and wade in to stop the water coming in by unblocking the drains.

This is so heartbreaking now, when will it stop.

She can stay with me?
She tried to get back down here today, after four hours of getting nowhere fast, she went back up. Haven't heard where she ended up, she's with a couple of colleagues so hopefully she's got a dry bed somewhere Thanks for the offer. How's the motel doing?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:32 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

She tried to get back down here today, after four hours of getting nowhere fast, she went back up. Haven't heard where she ended up, she's with a couple of colleagues so hopefully she's got a dry bed somewhere Thanks for the offer. How's the motel doing?
ah, don't ask.

We're ****ed basically...........what can you do!?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ah, don't ask.

We're ****ed basically...........what can you do!?
Bugger, sorry hon I had fingers crossed you'd stay dry. What I hate about this latest crisis, is that you lot who are still suffering have near as dammit been wiped from the media, the 'prosperous SE' is suffering so the rest can go hang now.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:39 am
live free or die

Bugger, sorry hon I had fingers crossed you'd stay dry. What I hate about this latest crisis, is that you lot who are still suffering have near as dammit been wiped from the media, the 'prosperous SE' is suffering so the rest can go hang now.
Of course, lets all worry about Brissie!

We're not physically affected, but the financial knock on effect is much more devastaig for us. Firstly, all bookings had to cancel over xmas, now people can't get there, and business/the state will not be back to normal for god knows how long, lastly (i think) the fruit seasoni we depend on...well the fruit's water logged! Ah, i'm a bit pissed so do excuse me, i've just had a gutysfull of guest at the place I work now asking about teh weather, I really want to star cracking skulls!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Of course, lets all worry about Brissie!

We're not physically affected, but the financial knock on effect is much more devastaig for us. Firstly, all bookings had to cancel over xmas, now people can't get there, and business/the state will not be back to normal for god knows how long, lastly (i think) the fruit seasoni we depend on...well the fruit's water logged! Ah, i'm a bit pissed so do excuse me, i've just had a gutysfull of guest at the place I work now asking about teh weather, I really want to star cracking skulls!!!!!
I think you've had more than a gutful, judging by the spelling
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:45 am
live free or die

bleurrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:53 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Something the OH remarked on as soon as she got through the door ... very perceptive she is ... a blessing and a curse

Good luck to all, wherever you are
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You wait till you see what mines like by the morning
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You wait till you see what mines like by the morning
But I expect it from you.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

But I expect it from you.
Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:42 am
Home and Happy

Fading light has forced police to suspend their search for an eight-year-old boy missing in flood waters at Shepparton, in Victoria's north-east.

Lachlyn Collins was swimming in a billabong along the Goulburn River with his brother and sister, when a strong current swept him away this morning.
"He was playing on a raft with another two children, and he can't swim, so he went under water and [he has] been there since 11 o'clock this morning."

Emergency crews have been searching for more than six hours for the boy.
Helicopters, police divers and volunteers were involved in the search.

==========================================

Please please tell your kids not to play in the water.

Too many deaths already, but ones like this could have been avoided.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana
"He was playing on a raft with another two children, and he can't swim, so he went under water and [he has] been there since 11 o'clock this morning."
Words almost fail me but god give me strength!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So many replies spring to mind but in the end there are no words are there.