Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Enough of the rain already..........I know we need it but come on!!

Enough of the rain already..........I know we need it but come on!!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enough of the rain already..........I know we need it but come on!!

My mum's over on hols from UK and it's been rainy and overcast since she's been here. She's like a bloody weather beacon, every time she comes, the weather is crap (and then she says "well the weather isn't that good in Australia you know etc etc").

Still, last time she came over we took her to Whitsundays and got caught in middle of cyclone so can't complain.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:18 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rabsody
My mum's over on hols from UK and it's been rainy and overcast since she's been here. She's like a bloody weather beacon, every time she comes, the weather is crap (and then she says "well the weather isn't that good in Australia you know etc etc").

Still, last time she came over we took her to Whitsundays and got caught in middle of cyclone so can't complain.
I like the rain.

I just don't like the hail... because it made holes in my baby veggies and destroyed a couple of plants too...

I have fed them and they have perked up a little.

Perhaps when I have a full lettuce, I'll post a pic...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Perhaps when I have a full lettuce, I'll post a pic...
Evil woman.

Rain is fab. I love the feel, the smell and the sound.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Evil woman.

Rain is fab. I love the feel, the smell and the sound.
What's evil about lettuce?

I also have snow peas, garlic, zuchini, brocolli, red, yellow and black peppers, melons, tomatoes and strawberries growing....
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What's evil about lettuce?

I also have snow peas, garlic, zuchini, brocolli, red, yellow and black peppers, melons, tomatoes and strawberries growing....
Bragging about very very cheap lettuce
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:18 am

Bragging about very very cheap lettuce
Ah, well that's where you're wrong!

Because my veggie patch was berreft of any kind of good soil, I had to spend about $100 filling it up with compost and adding in cow manure to make sure things grew....

And then the cost of the seeds on top of that... and the water sprinkler maintenance, plus the poles to grow stuff up, and the soluble food....

Lettuce this year will be ****ing expensive but the good thing... I grew it and I know what's in it...
Next year, I might be down to about $20 per lettuce....

* Forgot the compost bin, another $80 ....

But I have cut my rubbish right down cos everything goes in the compost... which will make the food for next year's veggies...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

We used to be self sufficient with veg in summer ang nearly all year with potatoes and onions. It's a great feeling.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:45 am

We used to be self sufficient with veg in summer ang nearly all year with potatoes and onions. It's a great feeling.
Yes, it's brilliant. We have a herb garden too. Lovely to go out and cut things for tea.

Everything's going nuts with the rain... it's great! Hoping to grow stuff all year round here.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Everything's going nuts with the rain...
Including Rach
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:51 am

Including Rach
I don't think that's the rain.....

Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I don't think that's the rain.....

I don't think she minds being Welsh
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:59 am

I don't think she minds being Welsh
Does anyone mind being Welsh?

Are you having an apostrophe free day too?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Does anyone mind being Welsh?

Are you having an apostrophe free day too?
I'm having a brain free day
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:04 am

I'm having a brain free day
someone has to... it's prob my turn tomorrow...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

someone has to... it's prob my turn tomorrow...
It's the way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.