Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Enough of the rain already..........I know we need it but come on!!

Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:31 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Enough of the rain already..........I know we need it but come on!!

Is it raining?

I hadn't noticed....

Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

No rain in SA. In fact it's been beautiful here today.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
No rain in SA. In fact it's been beautiful here today.
Well I got caught in a shower this afternoon and it was so torrential that within about 40 seconds, everything was soaked, including my underwear, hair plastered to my head, jeans, shirt everything absolutely sodden.

It reminds me of England... torrential rain and greyness.

But I bet Waragamba is getting a bit! Just enough for all you Sydney peeps to fill your pools with.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:36 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Rain stopped bloody freezing here now but:curse:
might have to put a cardie on

Loz x
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:39 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Is it raining?

I hadn't noticed....

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2...ddings0pv9.jpg
I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes ... I think I may have leprosy.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Well I got caught in a shower this afternoon and it was so torrential that within about 40 seconds, everything was soaked, including my underwear, hair plastered to my head, jeans, shirt everything absolutely sodden.

It reminds me of England... torrential rain and greyness.

But I bet Waragamba is getting a bit! Just enough for all you Sydney peeps to fill your pools with.

We had it last week, bloody horrible weather - glad it's gone.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Enough of the rain already..........I know we need it but come on!!

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Enough of the whinging already.

The drought has contributed to a significant rise in the number of farms for sale in the Wheatbelt.

Geraldton Real Estate agent Jock Drummond says 140 properties are listed for sale in Western Australia's Wheatbelt, from Moora to the Northampton area.

"A conservative figure of probably 400,000 acres and could be close to 450,000 acres would be on the market," he said.

He says that is 3 to 4 times the number of properties usually listed for sale during spring.
ABC.

A farmer from Electra, west of Bundaberg, says his lychee and mango crops have been saved by the intermittent rain that has fallen since June.

Derek Foley has a 3 per cent water allocation on his property in the Burnett Shire which was drought declared just over two weeks ago.

Mr Foley says 25 millimetres of rain fell at his place on Monday night, ensuring his Christmas fruit crop will be healthy.

"So far every time we get close to being in a more difficult situation we've been getting a bit of rain," he said.

"That's been happening since June and our main harvest season for our mangoes and lychees starts around about Christmas.

"So every week we get a little bit closer to that point."
ABC.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Just a pause in the showers for the cricket tomorrow would be good.

Less than 25 overs and I get some drinking money back.
hope it doesnt get rained off, been looking 4ward to it!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:23 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice sunny day down here with a few white fluffy clouds.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Nice sunny day down here with a few white fluffy clouds.
Hot and sunny here for what seems like months !

bit humid last week for a few days though but generally 31-33 and blue skies

I too would like some rain for the grass and all the new plants we have put in so that they could get established before the "wet". sick of watering them, god knows what our next water bill will be ! and topping up the pool too !

Andy
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

LOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
This weather is driving me nuts. I do love to see a good storm but I also love to see the lovely sunshine afterwards!

Is it just NSW whos getting hammered at the moment or is it Australia wide??
ah stop moning we had a crap summer its only right you have one to haha
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with rain?

Cairns has an annual rainfall average of over 2000 mm a year; more than anywhere in the UK. One of the main reasons I moved here...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

LOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura about

psssss stop talking about the weather its an english thing to do but as you all are its bloody cold and horrible here
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by LOVERINGS
ah stop moning we had a crap summer its only right you have one to haha
It's not summer yet, my dear.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LOVERINGS
psssss stop talking about the weather its an english thing to do but as you all are its bloody cold and horrible here
Sounds like here although the cold and horrible are relative. I'm cold but you'd probably be in your swimmers. Nah, it's not horrible. As you were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.