Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dust, earthquakes, fire risk..everyone ok?

Dust, earthquakes, fire risk..everyone ok?

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dust, earthquakes, fire risk..everyone ok?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Had a pretty hectic night last night, couple of nights of peace and quiet now though

I'll bet!

No, I'm just the custodian of the beer supply for local drinking nights....Bernie thinks his beer is safe at my place http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif
More fool him!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:58 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

All fine here, though I thought aliens had landed and started the terraforming process
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:05 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been messaged a few times from back in Blighty... apparently it is on the world news etc etc... worst storm since the 1940s... everyone thought it was all on fire.. (according to my sources)....

I feel like a bloody superstar ... even my mother messaged me (she is in remote Italy) to ask if it was "really scary?"...

I said.. Mother.. I have experienced worse in Southend on Sea after a bit of a fog... visually like... (am not downsizing the whole respiratory thing,btw.. that was crap, end of)

Em x
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Very strange! Never seen anything like it! Woke up, went into the living room and thought someone had stolen my skyline view of Brissy

Didn't have a clue what was going on, woke the OH up for good measure!

Didn't have any breathing problems (tasted pretty yukky though) but had to change my contact lenses....awful stuff!

Glad everyone's ok
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:49 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LisaIan;7956917]Very strange! Never seen anything like it! Woke up, went into the living room and thought someone had stolen my skyline view of Brissy

[QUOTE]

What time did you get up? Was fine till late morning.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

About half 12ish
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:05 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I drove from Wollongong to Maitland this morning at 3:30, it was raining mud when I left, and it was like a Nuclear test site from the F3 up, everything was bloody pink

When I got to Maitland it was eerily quiet at first but when the wind picked up it was like working in a bloody sand blaster.

Got home at 19:30 and the shower water went pink for a bit too

what a thoroughly bizarre day
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaIan
Very strange! Never seen anything like it! Woke up, went into the living room and thought someone had stolen my skyline view of Brissy

Didn't have a clue what was going on, woke the OH up for good measure!

Didn't have any breathing problems (tasted pretty yukky though) but had to change my contact lenses....awful stuff!

Glad everyone's ok
I was on nights last night, knew the dust was on its way, but it was still quite surreal to surface at 1pm to a red sky!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

We have been shrouded in a cloud of dust & smoke today in Cairns. Really weird with the sun trying to shine through
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
We have been shrouded in a cloud of dust & smoke today in Cairns. Really weird with the sun trying to shine through
Like being on Mars wasn't it? A blue sun???? I thought I was dreaming about driving to work
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Like being on Mars wasn't it? A blue sun???? I thought I was dreaming about driving to work
It's not red, just grey. The red would have been much more dramatic but would have played havoc with my washing!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Just wondering how everyone is coping with the strange weather & earth shifting that has been going on!
Why, what's been going on, earth shifting, fire, quakes is this just Eastern states or all over OZ?

My mate is on holiday in Perth, wonder if she's had good weather!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:01 am
Account Closed

It's not red, just grey. The red would have been much more dramatic but would have played havoc with my washing!
That's a proper shame, you got the lack of visibility and none of the colour. But then you got the barrier reef so I aint gonna brag. My bool was a bloody mess this morning too, looked like a lake would on Mars, with microscopic lifforms in it and everything
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

That's a proper shame, you got the lack of visibility and none of the colour. But then you got the barrier reef so I aint gonna brag. My bool was a bloody mess this morning too, looked like a lake would on Mars, with microscopic lifforms in it and everything
What's a bool?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Why, what's been going on, earth shifting, fire, quakes is this just Eastern states or all over OZ?

My mate is on holiday in Perth, wonder if she's had good weather!
A colleague has come back to work this week after 2 weeks in Perth & she said it was bl&&dy freezing, very windy, sleet & rain!

Must have looked quite pretty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.