Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Climate change sceptics

Climate change sceptics

Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Climate change sceptics

Originally Posted by CasualObserver1
Because you have no friends?

I never saw that one coming...

Not!

Surely you can do better than something straight out of primary school...
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:58 am
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII

I never saw that one coming...

Not!

Surely you can do better than something straight out of primary school...
It's your gag.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

It's your gag.
Not quite.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:01 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I will when you post examples when you post a strong argument against 'my' climate change theory.
I'm not arguing against your climate change theory I'm just arguing against the weak justifications you have given. Your counter argument turned on me which is a common but rubbish way of backing up weak arguments.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:02 am
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Not quite.
and you accused my of trolling!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

and you accused my of trolling!
Yes!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:03 am
Banned

Yes!
Have finished trolling now?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Have finished trolling now?
Have you? That's good. On your way then...
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:25 am
Banned

I think everyone in the northern hemisphere might disagree with you while going through the coldest winter in 100 years.

What do bush fires and flooding have to do with climate change?
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...ld-of-warming/
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:35 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Western governments love "global warming". It has produced a whole new economy which has helped to keep some of them bouyant.

"Green" products fill the shelves now. Young people just accept this whole thing as fact as that is all they have had rammed down their throats since they could listen.

I can't back this up but I have heard from more than one source that global warming alarmism was a deliberate piece of government misinformation leaked out by the CIA in the mid seventies, purely because they could forsee a big hole in the economy which needed filling.

It is quite common in Australia for clean waste water to be diverted into the garden using a simple flexible plastic pipe. These used to cost about $2.00 - now they cost $20.00. People will pay this because they think it is the green thing to do.

The need for clean air, clean water, preservation of forestry etc are all very important but this has been hijacked by the Carbonistas to very good effect.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Western governments love "global warming". It has produced a whole new economy which has helped to keep some of them bouyant.

"Green" products fill the shelves now. Young people just accept this whole thing as fact as that is all they have had rammed down their throats since they could listen.

I can't back this up but I have heard from more than one source that global warming alarmism was a deliberate piece of government misinformation leaked out by the CIA in the mid seventies, purely because they could forsee a big hole in the economy which needed filling.

It is quite common in Australia for clean waste water to be diverted into the garden using a simple flexible plastic pipe. These used to cost about $2.00 - now they cost $20.00. People will pay this because they think it is the green thing to do.

The need for clean air, clean water, preservation of forestry etc are all very important but this has been hijacked by the Carbonistas to very good effect.
If Western Governments love Global Warming so much why aren't they prepared to do anything about it?

Green products are made by private companies not Governments. It's consumer demand that has promoted the rise in demand for these products.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:42 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

And when all the cars have been switched to hydrogen fuel cells they'll suddenly tell us that it's actually water vapour and not carbon that's causing the greenhouse effect.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:44 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

If Western Governments love Global Warming so much why aren't they prepared to do anything about it?

Green products are made by private companies not Governments. It's consumer demand that has promoted the rise in demand for these products.
Private companies pay tax.

Consumer demand based on ill informed consumers.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Private companies pay tax.

Consumer demand based on ill informed consumers.
They source a hell of a lot more tax from coal, oil and mining etc than they do from 'green products'.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

They source a hell of a lot more tax from coal, oil and mining etc than they do from 'green products'.
I'm starting to feel some slight sympathy for your cause now. Reason being if there is any truth in the Carboinites debate and this board is a straw poll of peoples reaction then you've no hope.

Weird how public opinion has seemingly changed so greatly from the blind public acceptance of 2005/6.

My main objection to the whole nature sceptics POV, is how the most devout Carbonites were willing to impose draconian measures on peoples everyday lives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.