Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cock-ups that you might like get out in the open...

Cock-ups that you might like get out in the open...

Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Cock-ups that you might like get out in the open...

Here's mine. I think it may qualify for cock up of century.

Sal and I were invited to a 'do' at the Brisbane Jazz Club last evening. It's a lovely location on the Brisbane River about 15 minutes from here.

It was going to take a bit of organising though, as I needed a new shirt and we needed a baby sitter for Cara. We went shopping and I blew $29 (my entire years clothing budget) and then came home to get ready.

The only arrangement we could make for Cara was to take her to Grandma's - a drive of over 40k and 40 odd minutes which was a bit of a long journey for a trip to the BJC. All went well and we arrived at the club with about 5 minutes to spare after a devil of a job finding a car park.

There were some blank faces at the club when we said that we were meeting Tony and Barb as the lovely volunteers told us that they weren't in this evening. They kindly found us a table and we ordered drinks but I started to get the feeling that something was going badly wrong here...

I called Tony and asked where we were supposed to be meeting. He informed us that the party was at his house and that Barb was about to serve dinner. Shit! We quickly drained our glasses, found the staff who had worked so hard to find a table for us and explained what had happened which gave them their biggest laugh of the evening, possibly ever.

We hurried back to the car and made our way to Tony and Barbs place as quickly as we could and arrived to great cheers and hilarity from everyone present. Why was this so funny, I hear you asking?...

New clothes, a two hour journey, 90 odd kilometres, motorway and tunnel tolls both ways, a fight for parking, a hurried drink at the club and Tony and Barb actually live next door but one and it's only a 30 second walk. No need for baby sitters, no need to get dressed up.

A blame storming session at the party revealed that I have completely ballsed up but it gave everyone a good laugh and we had the most enjoyable evening. Chalk this one down to experience then...
Old Feb 9th 2015, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cock-ups that you might like get out in the open...

Originally Posted by SoCalDon

Sal and I were invited to a 'do' at the Brisbane Jazz Club last evening. It's a lovely location on the Brisbane River about 15 minutes from here.

It was going to take a bit of organising though, as I needed a new shirt and we needed a baby sitter for Cara. We went shopping and I blew $29 (my entire years clothing budget) and then came home to get ready.

The only arrangement we could make for Cara was to take her to Grandma's - a drive of over 40k and 40 odd minutes which was a bit of a long journey for a trip to the BJC. All went well and we arrived at the club with about 5 minutes to spare after a devil of a job finding a car park.

There were some blank faces at the club when we said that we were meeting Tony and Barb as the lovely volunteers told us that they weren't in this evening. They kindly found us a table and we ordered drinks but I started to get the feeling that something was going badly wrong here...

I called Tony and asked where we were supposed to be meeting. He informed us that the party was at his house and that Barb was about to serve dinner. Shit! We quickly drained our glasses, found the staff who had worked so hard to find a table for us and explained what had happened which gave them their biggest laugh of the evening, possibly ever.

We hurried back to the car and made our way to Tony and Barbs place as quickly as we could and arrived to great cheers and hilarity from everyone present. Why was this so funny, I hear you asking?...

New clothes, a two hour journey, 90 odd kilometres, motorway and tunnel tolls both ways, a fight for parking, a hurried drink at the club and Tony and Barb actually live next door but one and it's only a 30 second walk. No need for baby sitters, no need to get dressed up.

A blame storming session at the party revealed that I have completely ballsed up but it gave everyone a good laugh and we had the most enjoyable evening. Chalk this one down to experience then...
Get yourself a Tom Tom for the next visit !
Old Feb 10th 2015, 2:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cock-ups that you might like get out in the open...

Originally Posted by SoCalDon

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that which probably makes me a horrible person

I was going to contribute to your thread, but realized that my story was more along the lines of 'How Embarrassing' than a cock-up