Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Unfortunately it's now kicked off in France

Unfortunately it's now kicked off in France

Old Jan 7th 2015, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unfortunately it's now kicked off in France

Will it ever end I wonder

BBC News - Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12
Old Jan 7th 2015, 3:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unfortunately it's now kicked off in France

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
We were watching it develop on tv at work tonight, scary stuff
Old Jan 7th 2015, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Change your avatar to one of the Hebdo cartoons.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope so bobby. I felt sick when I saw it on the news. Let's hope they catch the terrorists soon.
And well done to the French people I say, who joined together not long after and stood up for the freedom of speech.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 10:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This is what appeasement gets you
Old Jan 8th 2015, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It's the lack of appeasement in France that's behind this particular situation Zulu.

Very complicated situation and these animals shouldn't walk the face of the earth... One thing though, how comes the English Defense League in the UK gets castigated by UK law for mouthing the very things these Cartoonists draw. Are the French braver than the UK government or is the UK Government to be commended for trying to be fairer to all ?

caveat I'm no fan of the EDL but really believe in free speech, which is why I'm not as down on Zulu as most of my lefty peers.

Still if these drawings causes this kind of fanaticism, is it worth it ? Probably yes, but what a cost. It comes down to a far right response (Islamic Fascist) to what seems to be a right wing belief in France that you can say what you want despite the hurt or issues it may cause.

The French have always been light years ahead of the rest of the West when it comes to the masses deep understanding of politics so it's going to be interesting to see how they respond.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the two brothers were born in France.

2m ago 03:51 Reuters

Said Kouachi, born in 1980, Cherif Kouachi, born in 1982, both from Paris, and Hamyd Mourad, born in 1996.

BFM TV said other arrests had taken place in circles linked to the two brothers.
The police source said Cherif Kouachi had previously been tried on terrorism charges and served 18 months in prison.

He was charged with criminal association related to a terrorist enterprise in 2005. He had been part of an Islamist cell that enlisted French nationals from a mosque in eastern Paris to go to Iraq to fight Americans in Iraq. He was arrested before leaving for Iraq to join militants.

The police source said anti-terrorism police searching for the suspects and links to them had carried out searches in Reims [for DNA], Strasbourg and Paris as part of the investigation.

Old Jan 8th 2015, 4:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's the lack of appeasement in France that's behind this particular situation Zulu.

Very complicated situation and these animals shouldn't walk the face of the earth... One thing though, how comes the English Defense League in the UK gets castigated by UK law for mouthing the very things these Cartoonists draw. Are the French braver than the UK government or is the UK Government to be commended for trying to be fairer to all ?

caveat I'm no fan of the EDL but really believe in free speech, which is why I'm not as down on Zulu as most of my lefty peers.

Still if these drawings causes this kind of fanaticism, is it worth it ? Probably yes, but what a cost. It comes down to a far right response (Islamic Fascist) to what seems to be a right wing belief in France that you can say what you want despite the hurt or issues it may cause.

The French have always been light years ahead of the rest of the West when it comes to the masses deep understanding of politics so it's going to be interesting to see how they respond.
The appeasement of radical islam under the guise of multiculturalism in Europe has gone on for far too long and is a huge threat. That's what I'm referring to

All western countries face a threat from radical islam but 3 European countries: France, the UK and Holland face the biggest threat - as seen yesterday - and in 2005

If western countries don't want right-wing groups like the EDL, National Front in France, the PVV in Holland, what's going on on Germany etc to become more popular then stop using multiculturalism to destroy the traditional values and norms of these countries and also using it appease islam

islam has a place wherever it wants to be - everyone has a right to freedom of religion (although I don't consider islam to be a religion - another story though) but not at the expense of the indigenous culture, relgion, nroms and values
Old Jan 8th 2015, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The appeasement of radical islam under the guise of multiculturalism in Europe has gone on for far too long and is a huge threat. That's what I'm referring to

All western countries face a threat from radical islam but 3 European countries: France, the UK and Holland face the biggest threat - as seen yesterday - and in 2005

If western countries don't want right-wing groups like the EDL, National Front in France, the PVV in Holland, what's going on on Germany etc to become more popular then stop using multiculturalism to destroy the traditional values and norms of these countries and also using it appease islam

islam has a place wherever it wants to be - everyone has a right to freedom of religion (although I don't consider islam to be a religion - another story though) but not at the expense of the indigenous culture, relgion, nroms and values
I always think it's an irrelevant point to say that multiculturalism doesn't work. Whether it does or doesn't it's here to stay. It's not as if all other cultures are here on a sponsored visas and can be kicked out at a moments notice. Also, the way I see it, Australia has many home grown problems that are within our 'own' culture and are greater problems than anything radical Islam is causing us. Domestic violence, road deaths, child abuse, organised crime. Are they fitting in?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 7:56 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just point out that civilisation has, at it's heart, an agreement with a minimum set of standards and behaviours, such that large numbers of people can coexist side by side.

If you don't meet those minimum standards, then you can't claim to be part of that civilisation (and shouldn't get the benefits).

I'm not particularly interested in WHY you won't meet those standards, that's your personal problem, but if you won't then you need to be dealt with.

Historically prison has been there as a way of castigating those who fail on those minimum standards - but inherent in that is the expectation that you can 'reform' the transgressor.

If the transgression is created by religion, and if the transgressor puts their fairy stories above membership of that civilisation, then you need to work out what you are going to do.

Luckily, for those with a hard-on for islamic insanity, there are countries where they can go and be indulged in that - and for everyone's benefit, that's probably where they should be.

Or put simply, you exclude the dickheads that won't play by the rules - shape up or ship out.

A good starting point are the things we all agree on, like the universal declaration of human rights. Sign up or get out.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Can I just point out that civilisation has, at it's heart, an agreement with a minimum set of standards and behaviours, such that large numbers of people can coexist side by side.

If you don't meet those minimum standards, then you can't claim to be part of that civilisation (and shouldn't get the benefits).

I'm not particularly interested in WHY you won't meet those standards, that's your personal problem, but if you won't then you need to be dealt with.

Historically prison has been there as a way of castigating those who fail on those minimum standards - but inherent in that is the expectation that you can 'reform' the transgressor.

If the transgression is created by religion, and if the transgressor puts their fairy stories above membership of that civilisation, then you need to work out what you are going to do.

Luckily, for those with a hard-on for islamic insanity, there are countries where they can go and be indulged in that - and for everyone's benefit, that's probably where they should be.

Or put simply, you exclude the dickheads that won't play by the rules - shape up or ship out.

A good starting point are the things we all agree on, like the universal declaration of human rights. Sign up or get out.
Huh? Sign up that you're not likely to be a terrorist or get out? Who's not going to sign that exactly? Terrorists are cowards and, as shown by the losers yesterday, they don't really want to show their faces or make it clear who they are.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:16 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

As safe as you think you are, no matter where you live - how do you avoid this, or can you?

Walking down the street, sitting in traffic, on a plane, in your office, at home - my fear thermometer is ever increasing. It makes me NOT want to travel or go out for the fear that folks close & near to me will lose their lives.

And before folks say 'it'll never happen in my village or town' (Australia) ... these nutters are everywhere, looking for a reason to do it in the name of ****

Vent over
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by not2old
As safe as you think you are, no matter where you live - how do you avoid this, or can you?

Walking down the street, sitting in traffic, on a plane, in your office, at home - my fear thermometer is ever increasing. It makes me NOT want to travel or go out for the fear that folks close & near to me will lose their lives.

And before folks say 'it'll never happen in my village or town' (Australia) ... these nutters are everywhere, looking for a reason to do it in the name of ****

Vent over

It's always been this way, it's just we have 365/12/7/24 saturation coverage and everyone with a mobile can film it, bringing the horror right into our lounge rooms.

My Mum got straffed in the war, then bombed out, by that in the house and under the bricks... My dad dodged bombs all over London. Nothing like that has ever happened to me.... well save for away trips to Millwall and such. Oh I did have to duck and dive under school tables as a school nuclear drill, because everyone thought the Russians were going to nuke the UK. Twas a real fear as well around bay of pigs time. I wonder what kind of 24/7 coverage Sky and Fox would have given the Cuban crisis.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looks like they've found them in Northern France.... Stay tuned......
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I prefer to use the old succinct saying "When in Rome do as the Romans do".......or F-off.

Multiculturalism is no more than a theory and politicians want to believe it is actually practical and working.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.