Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bush Fires North of Sydney - Any updates????

Bush Fires North of Sydney - Any updates????

Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:32 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Bush Fires North of Sydney - Any updates????

Just seen on the Beeb news that there are bushfires north of Sydney - I assume that this is the Central Coast? Anyone their give me an update please, have friends in East Gosford, Point Clare, Umina & Woy Woy Little worried as when we lived there the fires could be really bad.

Cheers in advance.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush Fires North of Sydney - Any updates????

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Just seen on the Beeb news that there are bushfires north of Sydney - I assume that this is the Central Coast? Anyone their give me an update please, have friends in East Gosford, Point Clare, Umina & Woy Woy Little worried as when we lived there the fires could be really bad.

Cheers in advance.

Try:
http://www.smh.com.au
http://www.bushfire.nsw.gov.au
http://www.npws.nsw.gov.au

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:36 pm

Many thanks I was about to trawl through the Channel 9 site
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:38 pm

Unhappy Re: Bush Fires North of Sydney - Any updates????

Yikes, a class 3 out at Woy Woy Road, Kariong, used to live a foot step away from there before we came back to UK.

Hope everyone on the Coast are safe.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes, a class 3 out at Woy Woy Road, Kariong, used to live a foot step away from there before we came back to UK.

Hope everyone on the Coast are safe.
It seems to have settled in Umina here and we have just had a quick 5-10 min burst of heavy rain. Got a friend staying from Tascot so will let you know later about that end.

Jo
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by joho
It seems to have settled in Umina here and we have just had a quick 5-10 min burst of heavy rain. Got a friend staying from Tascot so will let you know later about that end.

Jo
Thx for that, the fires at Pheagans Bay have been shown on the Beeb
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:55 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I think the worst is over now, due to some rain this morning and low temps..dropped from high 40s to low 20s today. Such a relief in EVERY sense!!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I think the worst is over now, due to some rain this morning and low temps..dropped from high 40s to low 20s today. Such a relief in EVERY sense!!
That is really good news, I still got really emotional watching it on the news here in Blighty with having lived through a few over in Oz, it really is a scary experience
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

That is really good news, I still got really emotional watching it on the news here in Blighty with having lived through a few over in Oz, it really is a scary experience
The smell of smoke is back tonight, cant see any signs of fire in the dark, but the smell means there is something out there nearby. Lets hope its just a burn off.

Jo
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
The smell of smoke is back tonight, cant see any signs of fire in the dark, but the smell means there is something out there nearby. Lets hope its just a burn off.

Jo
any news?