Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

bugger its going to get even wetter in SEQ

bugger its going to get even wetter in SEQ

Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bugger its going to get even wetter in SEQ

Conversation in our house an hour ago: "Bloody hell, how much more is there?" "Ahh, looks like the gutters have had enough" "hey look, the covered veranda is ankle deep". "Mum, shouldn't A be at cheerleading by now?" "oh bugger, hubby darling, would you like to go to Cheer?"

Nice bit of thunder though. Hope the lightning's good when the sun goes down
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:22 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Conversation in our house an hour ago: "Bloody hell, how much more is there?" "Ahh, looks like the gutters have had enough" "hey look, the covered veranda is ankle deep". "Mum, shouldn't A be at cheerleading by now?" "oh bugger, hubby darling, would you like to go to Cheer?"

Nice bit of thunder though. Hope the lightning's good when the sun goes down
Just been out, cleaning the hoppers out !!

Thats 3 times this week...

and yes , I am Saturated !
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a creek running across our property but for the first two years it never even had a puddle in it - fallen trees etc blocking it. For the first time we can see it rushing from the house
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:29 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely mental in Brisbane CBD at the moment ... I was heading for the Valley later but apparently the water is bonnet deep in some places ... I think it's not the place to be tonight ...

Of droughts and flooding rains, marvellous.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time we can see it rushing from the house
Whats wrong with your house lol

Next door neighbours dam, has burst the banks !!! if it bursts as far as the road, hes up for the clean up bill !! Ouch
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Whats wrong with your house lol

Next door neighbours dam, has burst the banks !!! if it bursts as far as the road, hes up for the clean up bill !! Ouch
Hope you have good drainage on the new property It's the only thing that stops us wanting to live water front.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:36 am
Banned

Hope you have good drainage on the new property It's the only thing that stops us wanting to live water front.
Dunno. lol

Was there this arvo

Thought .. best time to test the theory is during all this rain..

Was remarkably surprised. Thank god for ABS and 4wd LOLOLOL
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you mean by water front of course. If its water front to the sea (or anything that flows directly into the sea) you are laughing.

If you are water front to an artificial lake, then yeah, wouldn't want to live there.

JTL
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Depends what you mean by water front of course. If its water front to the sea (or anything that flows directly into the sea) you are laughing.

If you are water front to an artificial lake, then yeah, wouldn't want to live there.

JTL
Lake Tsunamis ???

PMSL can you get them???
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:45 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Fark, I aint never seen rain like this in all me life!!! Must have a couple of foot so far this arvo!!!

Heres a pic of our pool overflowing and the rain lashing it down outside. Yes, the road IS a river!!! The last one is a pic of our front lawn, or what's left of it - in fact, I think it is probably deeper than our pool at the moment!!!!

Little tip - dont rent a house with tin furkin roof!!!

Sorry, what was that my dear??
Attached Thumbnails bugger its going to get even wetter in SEQ-snc11984.jpg   bugger its going to get even wetter in SEQ-snc11985.jpg   bugger its going to get even wetter in SEQ-snc11988.jpg  

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Feb 6th 2008 at 6:47 am.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:50 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Fark, I aint never seen rain like this in all me life!!! Must have a couple of foot so far this arvo!!!

Heres a pic of our pool overflowing and the rain lashing it down outside. Yes, the road IS a river!!! The last one is a pic of our front lawn, or what's left of it - in fact, I think it is probably deeper than our pool at the moment!!!!

Little tip - dont rent a house with tin furkin roof!!!

Sorry, what was that my dear??
Someone is a little too optmistic with that washing pegged out

I haven't seen any lightning yet though or hail
Banned

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Can we call Kaz , LILOLIL now

Good Pics, thanks for sharing !
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Depends what you mean by laughing? Rivers have a tendency to burst their banks at times and sea level properties tend to get a bit more waterlogged, even if it does drain away. Give me the top of a hill anyday
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:51 am
Banned

Depends what you mean by laughing? Rivers have a tendency to burst their banks at times and sea level properties tend to get a bit more waterlogged, even if it does drain away. Give me the top of a hill anyday
You shoulda bought, Chatteau Timber !
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking more of house on hills over looking the sea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.