Brisbane Storm

Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:09 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brisbane Storm

I know there was a thread about this a couple days ago, but I've finally seen mention of it elsewhere on the web.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=89475

Here's the part I'm wondering about....
"All sorts of toys, tools and garden furniture could become airborne and pose a real risk to people's safety, so a quick tidy-up in your backyard can make all the difference."

This is our first storm here, so any advice? Obviously the kids bikes and toys will be moved. But do we really need to move the patio set (table & chairs) into the garage? What about the BBQ, should we move that as well?

That's really all we have out there so it's not a big deal. I'd just rather not move the table and chairs unless I need too.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Storm

Originally Posted by comet555
I know there was a thread about this a couple days ago, but I've finally seen mention of it elsewhere on the web.

"All sorts of toys, tools and garden furniture could become airborne and pose a real risk to people's safety, so a quick tidy-up in your backyard can make all the difference."

This is our first storm here, so any advice? Obviously the kids bikes and toys will be moved. But do we really need to move the patio set (table & chairs) into the garage? What about the BBQ, should we move that as well?

That's really all we have out there so it's not a big deal. I'd just rather not move the table and chairs unless I need too.
Blimey battery operated radio's We have a large trampoline, far too big to go in garage! 'secure your pets' are they expected to be 'air-born' too?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Blimey battery operated radio's We have a large trampoline, far too big to go in garage! 'secure your pets' are they expected to be 'air-born' too?
Now now Curly
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Now now Curly
So you mean no flying cats and dogs? aw shucks

(Edit: only joking, before someone says anything!)

Last edited by curly; Dec 29th 2007 at 2:25 am.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So you mean no flying cats and dogs? aw shucks

(Edit: only joking, before someone says anything!)
Pets can become airborne if they are caught in a gust. The current weather situation is almost as strong as a cyclone, and although it is not expetcted to impact the coast, it will bring immense waves and very strong winds. Emergenyc Services are expecting 90/100kmph in places.
Campers on Fraser, Straddie and other islands have been asked to leave because of the danger from the waves, which may even over-top the dunes on Fraser Island.
Move anything you can out of the garden, esp if you are near the coast, and in a windy spot. This applies all the way down the Sunshine and Gold Coasts too.

Battery operated radios are a godsend when the power goes - much of Brisbane's power is carried by cables, and in a storm like this the power will be cut in many places.

http://www.disaster.qld.gov.au/
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:32 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Yeehaaaaa! We're going to fly the nippers kite in a bit.

See you sometimeeeeeeee!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:35 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KLF

See you sometimeeeeeeee!
I'll look out for you going overhead
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

We have a large trampoline, far too big to go in garage! 'secure your pets' are they expected to be 'air-born' too?
Empty the garage or turn the trampoline upside down.

I think they meant pet pigs

WW
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:31 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Im not aware of any worthy Patio moving storms, at the moment in the Capalaba region, however, when we do get a storm, trust me.. move all outdoor furniture, cos the storm will move it forya, and break it in transit !
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Im not aware of any worthy Patio moving storms, at the moment in the Capalaba region, however, when we do get a storm, trust me.. move all outdoor furniture, cos the storm will move it forya, and break it in transit !
Good to know! For the moment we've just moved it about 4 feet so it's up against the side of the house. It only took a minute so we figured why not. At least it can stay outside.

I'll be sure to head the warnings about that in the future though!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:19 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by KLF

See you sometimeeeeeeee!
Something flappong around in a tree out that back.....think its KLF and his kite
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:53 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Something flappong around in a tree out that back.....think its KLF and his kite
Pah! Build up to a storm? Call that wind? That was a calm day in Cornwall.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know! For the moment we've just moved it about 4 feet so it's up against the side of the house. It only took a minute so we figured why not. At least it can stay outside.

I'll be sure to head the warnings about that in the future though!
The storms generally whip in so quick, the alerts look to be set for tomorrow, so perhaps good job being prepared, and nailing the priceless stuff down !!

Sometimes the outside stuff lands inside, inadvertantly thru a roof or window !

We have witnessed some severe flash storms here in 7 yrs, and trust me.. never leave it to the last minute, watch the sky .. listen to the trees !! THEY TELLYA WHEN ITS COMING !!!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:52 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Got back from the spit on the Gold coast about an hour ago..fair go it was blowin a good un,it was busier along there than queen st mall during a sale..worth watching tho... and still some people swimming at surfers,yep..all chinese..unbelieveable
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Got back from the spit on the Gold coast about an hour ago..fair go it was blowin a good un,it was busier along there than queen st mall during a sale..worth watching tho... and still some people swimming at surfers,yep..all chinese..unbelieveable
Scary isnt it... and I bet they aint bloody tourists !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.