Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bl**dy Moronic Arson Kids

Bl**dy Moronic Arson Kids

Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Bl**dy Moronic Arson Kids

I was out all day and got back just after three to find that some moronic child decided at 10am this morning to set fire so some bush about two minutes drive from our house. A huge expanse (relatively speaking) of beautiful bushland full of koalas and other pretties is now bare black ground. A retirement village was evacuated, my eldest at school was breathing in smoke all day and I am seriously pissed off :curse:

Unfortunately it was a parcel of land that the owner wanted to strip and turn into several hundred crap houses but the council was against because of the amount of wildlife there and were trying to buy up a few more bits in order to put a preservation thing on it. God knows what will happen now. Sometimes I really hate people
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:11 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bl**dy Moronic Arson Kids

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I was out all day and got back just after three to find that some moronic child decided at 10am this morning to set fire so some bush about two minutes drive from our house. A huge expanse (relatively speaking) of beautiful bushland full of koalas and other pretties is now bare black ground. A retirement village was evacuated, my eldest at school was breathing in smoke all day and I am seriously pissed off :curse:

Unfortunately it was a parcel of land that the owner wanted to strip and turn into several hundred crap houses but the council was against because of the amount of wildlife there and were trying to buy up a few more bits in order to put a preservation thing on it. God knows what will happen now. Sometimes I really hate people
Suspect the developer paid the kids....

Bummer.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That was a seriously nasty blaze, they were quite worried for a time, didn't realise it was quite so close to you.

You wonder about the mentality of the kids that light these fires, don't you. Queensland Fire and Rescue have a huge programe just dedicated to teaching kids about the dangers of fire, (Fight Fire Fascination) because the youngsters just seem to think its all a game.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Bummer.

It would seem that way
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm. Bit of a coincidence there. How do they know it was 'kids'?

We lived opposite a house that burned down once. Coincidentally the owners had tried for years to get planning permission to redevelop the site but were knocked back time and time again after a concerted campaign by the neighbours.

The cops were onto the owners - but the end result was that planning permission was granted in the end. There was no point in refusing the application once the site was a burnt out wreck.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
Mmmm. Bit of a coincidence there. How do they know it was 'kids'?

We lived opposite a house that burned down once. Coincidentally the owners had tried for years to get planning permission to redevelop the site but were knocked back time and time again after a concerted campaign by the neighbours.

The cops were onto the owners - but the end result was that planning permission was granted in the end. There was no point in refusing the application once the site was a burnt out wreck.
The bush will grow back though and it won't take long. So there is no reason to grant building permission.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The bush will grow back though and it won't take long. So there is no reason to grant building permission.
Hope you're right.

I was actually relieved to realise (after said house fire) that the cops and insurance companies aren't stupid - and the first people that they'll suspect of arson is the owners.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're right.

I was actually relieved to realise (after said house fire) that the cops and insurance companies aren't stupid - and the first people that they'll suspect of arson is the owners.
They've seen it all before. I reckon it would be pretty hard to fool an insurance company if they really wanted to look into a case like yours.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:10 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the police should take a leaf out of the Yanks book when it comes to arsonists.
They don't bloody mess about...!!
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22645080-2,00.html
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That was a seriously nasty blaze, they were quite worried for a time, didn't realise it was quite so close to you.

You wonder about the mentality of the kids that light these fires, don't you. Queensland Fire and Rescue have a huge programe just dedicated to teaching kids about the dangers of fire, (Fight Fire Fascination) because the youngsters just seem to think its all a game.
I'm quite glad I was out. It stinks outside now. God know what it was like during the morning. Pool full of ash, usual story It's not an area where people walk so I would think it was deliberate. One of the teachers at my daughter's school had to go home to collect important documents and was talking to the police and firefighters. They were as sure as they could be at that point.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:10 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're right.

We had a great talk at our fire brigade meeting from a bloke who investigated arson. This bloke was no fool either. A fascinating but very gory slideshow too.

One slide was of a woman holding a baby. The woman had her head caved in and the baby had been stabbed. The guy giving the talk and our Chief (who used to be a copper) had been in attendance at this particular incident. They were so detached from it that they were able to reminisce about it, chucking about when one of them stood on a twig which snapped and all the TRG snipers almost opened fire.

Meanwhile I was almost puking up at the gory slide in the background....
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Polly, just out of interest, where did the 10 tenders come from. From what I've seen that would near as damn it wipe out the bottom half of the coast, should anything else occur. We are so seriously under manned here it's really scary. Probably the first thing we noticed when we got here but only because of hubby's history. My daughter reckoned there were "hundreds of helicopters" Two's pretty good though.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, just out of interest, where did the 10 tenders come from. From what I've seen that would near as damn it wipe out the bottom half of the coast, should anything else occur. We are so seriously under manned here it's really scary. Probably the first thing we noticed when we got here but only because of hubby's history. My daughter reckoned there were "hundreds of helicopters" Two's pretty good though.
Those choppers come over to WA in a few weeks time though...
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:36 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Victoria has an organisation to keep a track of arsonists. It's called the DSE!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:38 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Bummer.
That was exactly my thoughts too!

Sorry to hear about this Pen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.