Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bl**dy Hell the house over the road has just burned down!

Bl**dy Hell the house over the road has just burned down!

Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bl**dy Hell the house over the road has just burned down!

Originally Posted by Issie
I was involved in a fire when i was 5 and 72 people died........still remember to this day running down the stair well to the fire escape doors and they were padlocked up
What a horrible memory for you. I was in a fire when I was 15 where my best friend's mother died and I can still remember as clear as a bell the smell, sounds, everything.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:50 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
I was involved in a fire when i was 5 and 72 people died........still remember to this day running down the stair well to the fire escape doors and they were padlocked up
God that's awful - What kind of place was it and who had locked the doors?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:50 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What a horrible memory for you. I was in a fire when I was 15 where my best friend's mother died and I can still remember as clear as a bell the smell, sounds, everything.
Being involved in a fire must be so traumatic. It's a terrifying thought.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:12 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
God that's awful - What kind of place was it and who had locked the doors?
It was a family fun centre in the Isle of Man......the doors were illegally locked
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:14 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
((((( hugs ))))))

It was wierd because when i first qualified i worked on the Burns unit that treated alot of the victims and worked along side the unit manager who told me many stories about the fatal day.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Yes renth, it was on the 7 news this evening They said the fire was deliberately started after being burgled. They said the couple both worked from home, the husband in IT work and his wife in sales
I had seen it on the 10 news earlier but they didn't mention a burglary but the 7 news said it had been discovered that the fire had been started after it was burgled. I mentioned to my OH that you lived there...and then I saw your post ....so very sorry for them.
Think that was the fire in Doris street North Perth on Friday.

Di
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Oh I saw this one the news - bugga, poor sods!

My daughter has a thing about fires - she's 10. We had one in our village 3 years ago, next road down. The lad in the fire was in her class at school. They lost everything but their lives thankfully. They had all sorts of fundraisers at school over the next few weeks and I recall my daughter taking in a new toothbrush she'd been given, still boxed, the next day to give to the lad as he didn't have one and she thought that was unhealthy for his teeth- Bless!

My eldest lad is going to the local firefighters volunteers thing on Monday evening - see what thats all about.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Are you referring to the fire in my street? where did you hear this, was it on the news?
yes that is what they said on 7 news, theives broke in then torched it

the barstewards
Old Oct 28th 2007, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

911!!!!!!!
ooopps!!!!!

sorry my typo!!!!

Any idea of the cause of the fire yet?

Storms