British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bix: Where the bloody hell are ya? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bix-where-bloody-hell-ya-362326/)

walla Mar 20th 2006 2:44 am

Bix: Where the bloody hell are ya?

Hope you're safe mate, I see Larry's been a bit of a twat.

MrsDagboy Mar 20th 2006 2:50 am

Re: Bix: Where the bloody hell are ya?

Walla, I dont think much of that whole area up there from Innisfail to Cairns will have power right now, hopefully we will hear from him soon though as they start to restore services now that the main danger has started to pass :) .

Looking forward to a full report when you get back online Bixy, hope everything held together ok :eek: :) .

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2006 3:05 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Walla, I dont think much of that whole area up there from Innisfail to Cairns will have power right now, hopefully we will hear from him soon though as they start to restore services now that the main danger has started to pass :) .

Looking forward to a full report when you get back online Bixy, hope everything held together ok :eek: :) .

Got some friends (yep, honest) up in Cairns and not got a response from their phones. But they are stupid enough to have gone down to the harbour to have a look :rolleyes:

artep Mar 20th 2006 4:48 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Got some friends (yep, honest) up in Cairns and not got a response from their phones. But they are stupid enough to have gone down to the harbour to have a look :rolleyes:

OMG you're joking :eek:

Bix hope you guys came through ok...Like Mrs DB, I'm looking forward to your full report :D

Larissa Mar 20th 2006 5:28 am

Hope you're alright Bixie... has anyone heard from Stan (Steandleigh) btw? Hope everyone up there is alright x

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2006 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hope you're alright Bixie... has anyone heard from Stan (Steandleigh) btw? Hope everyone up there is alright x

Got through to friends, Cairns seem to have got off relatively lightly (I stress the relatively ;) ). It seems to have just wiped straight over Innisfail and died down a little bit.

Sorchar Mar 20th 2006 6:02 am

Hope you, Da Boss n the cubs came through okay also all the other peeps up there x

Sorchar Mar 20th 2006 6:35 am

just heard on this morning news that "thousands of homes near Cairns had to be evacuated". Really hope all the people have kept safe.

Margaret2 Mar 20th 2006 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Hope you, Da Boss n the cubs came through okay also all the other peeps up there x

Same here :D Goes without saying :D

Stitch Mar 20th 2006 7:53 am

Be safe all you peeps up NEQ......

Cheers

Ginny

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2006 8:18 am

I've got an umberella you can borrow...

oh.. bit late now:o , hope the roof stayed on

JTL

kris maynard Mar 20th 2006 8:37 am

Hope everyones safe!! :)

Kris xx

Wendy Mar 20th 2006 8:45 am

Here is the latest news on Cyclone Larry for anyone who hasn't read it already

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...703216540.html

I hope everyone is safe :)

Rooksie Mar 20th 2006 8:46 am

Bixie - weve been watching the news with drop jaw :scared:

hope your mane hasnt gone all curly mate :p

Jessica Rabbit Mar 20th 2006 9:16 am

Originally Posted by walla
Hope you're safe mate, I see Larry's been a bit of a twat.

Ditto, Hope you and your family are ok Bix. Let all of your fans know you are ok :D ;)