Big Weather heading to Victoria

Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Big Weather heading to Victoria

Or Banana-bender
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:45 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Or crow eater.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Taswegian is also cool
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

It was a bit windy with us last night. I think someone was running a jet engine outside our window last night.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we had got away with it until I was woken up at 1.45! 2.45 it got really bad, 3.45 we lost power then the smoke alarm started peeping because the battery was low so OH had to go and sort that out! I think I finally got to sleep at some point but was very pleased to wake at 7.30 to find the power was back on.

I left some Geraniums to plant on the balcony and not sure where they are now! Fortunately the only damage we had was to the sun shade material on the balcony pergola which no doubt we'll report to the agents who won't do anything about it as we're still waiting for the other end to be repaired after the last lot of storms!

Hope everyone in VIC is okay, looks like pretty bad flooding in some areas.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 1:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by koalakim
I thought we had got away with it until I was woken up at 1.45! 2.45 it got really bad, 3.45 we lost power then the smoke alarm started peeping because the battery was low so OH had to go and sort that out! I think I finally got to sleep at some point but was very pleased to wake at 7.30 to find the power was back on.

I left some Geraniums to plant on the balcony and not sure where they are now! Fortunately the only damage we had was to the sun shade material on the balcony pergola which no doubt we'll report to the agents who won't do anything about it as we're still waiting for the other end to be repaired after the last lot of storms!

Hope everyone in VIC is okay, looks like pretty bad flooding in some areas.
Fortunately we only had a brown out. Some time around 3am.

Looks like a nice day out there at the mo, albeit a little breezy. Think I might take the bike out for a spin.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 3:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The army is heading in to help the escalating flood crisis across Victoria, in what residents are calling the worst floods in more than a decade.
Victorian Premier John Brumby has been briefed by the police, fire and emergency chiefs as floodwaters continue to rise in the state's north-east and west.
Hundreds of homes have already been evacuated and residents are taking shelter at relief centres.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The army is heading in to help the escalating flood crisis across Victoria, in what residents are calling the worst floods in more than a decade.
Victorian Premier John Brumby has been briefed by the police, fire and emergency chiefs as floodwaters continue to rise in the state's north-east and west.
Hundreds of homes have already been evacuated and residents are taking shelter at relief centres.
In the piccie in the link. There's a slide on the far bank (just to the right of the tree on the left), the end of which is normally about a metre above the river. In the picture it's under water.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 5:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by boots
1707 Hr in Melbourne,very dry,extremely light winds.
Chicken Littles take heed.
Sky is NOT-Repeat-NOT falling in.
Tin Foil Hats can be disengaged.
We'll you got that wrong, didn't you?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 5:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
We'll you got that wrong, didn't you?
Not doing too well when it comes to water issues today, is he?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Down in Geelong, I thought I was Dorothy. OH had ear plugs in and snored, the littlies slept soundly. I was up from 12:45 til 3:45. 2 trees over in the garden and we've lost a small person's watering can that we forgot but all ok apart from that. We have floor to ceiling and sloped ceiling glass and a HUGE tree right next to it so I was more worried about that shedding branches but we were ok. Feel sorry for people up in Benalla etc.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Some serious stuff out there -
Parts of southern New South Wales ravaged by a violent storm have been declared a natural disaster zone by Emergency Services Minister Steve Whan. The area includes the Illawarra and Wollongong, the Shoalhaven on the south coast, the far south coast and Riverina.

Rising floodwaters across Victoria's north
are threatening hundreds of homes, amid the state's worst floods in 15 years. Some 250 homes were evacuated over the weekend and many towns in Victoria's north-east and west are still on high alert. The State Emergency Service says the Army has been called in to assist with flood assessments today. SES state commander Stephen Warren says there is widespread flooding across the entire state.
"We have rivers rising from as far apart as Mitchell down in Bairnsdale area in Gippsland, the Wimmera up in the Horsham area, and we still have rivers of concern around the northern areas of north-east Victoria in Wangaratta and Shepparton," he said.

Stay safe everyone
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Take care Hutch and Creature. Hope it's better than it sounds.