Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Big Weather heading to Victoria

Big Weather heading to Victoria

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big Weather heading to Victoria

There's lots of wind and rain coming apparently. So make sure you've got your video cameras at the ready

Sounds like the emergency services are gearing up for a bad 48 hours.

Hats off to the SES who do all the shitty work at times like these
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Weather heading to Victoria

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
There's lots of wind and rain coming apparently. So make sure you've got your video cameras at the ready

Am just heading out to put all loose toys in the garage........get nervous when it's windy because the whole of the back of the house is glass even sloping roof and there's a huge tree right outside too (rental or we'd trim it). Wouldn't take much to do some serious damage..............
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of it on its way across the country, batten down the hatches and stay safe.
Lots of areas across NSW,Vic and western Queensland may get in ecxess of 100mm in the next 24 hours or so,

Echo you on the SES front I really take my hat off to them as this country would be lost without them in times of bad weather, and yet they get so little recognition.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 3rd 2010 at 7:18 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Big Weather heading to Victoria

Not sure if you have better info than me but I understand Melbourne itself is going to escape the worst of it - am I right? The North of Victoria getting the really fun stuff....

BB
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Plenty of it on its way across the country, batten down the hatches and stay safe.
Lots of areas across NSW,Vic and western Queensland may get in ecxess of 100mm in the next 24 hours or so,

Echo you on the SES front I really take my hat off to them as this country would be lost without them in times of bad weather, and yet they get so little recognition.
I don't care about the other states They're full of moaners
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Not sure if you have better info than me but I understand Melbourne itself is going to escape the worst of it - am I right? The North of Victoria getting the really fun stuff....

BB
Probably not much better than you. The NE seems to be the bit they're most worried about. So Melly might get away with it.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Blame it on El Nina...

Yes, looks like the north of the state is in for it but I think they were still issuing gale warnings for Port Phillip and Western Port.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:49 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Blame it on El Nina...

Yes, looks like the north of the state is in for it but I think they were still issuing gale warnings for Port Phillip and Western Port.
Without a doubt. Looks like we are for a season of it too.....
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

and here in London it is a very pleasant sunny day- surprisingly!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
and here in London it is a very pleasant sunny day- surprisingly!

Grrrrrrrr

Take a trip to Kensington Roof Gardens for me please Pomster

Daughter has been raving about the place.

As for here.... I think my Roof maybe leaking, the other side of the plaster wall... Stuff it "She'll be right" .
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Grrrrrrrr

Take a trip to Kensington Roof Gardens for me please Pomster

Daughter has been raving about the place.

As for here.... I think my Roof maybe leaking, the other side of the plaster wall... Stuff it "She'll be right" .
I was a big fan of them. Another oddity I always liked was Chislehurst caves.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

1707 Hr in Melbourne,very dry,extremely light winds.
Chicken Littles take heed.
Sky is NOT-Repeat-NOT falling in.
Tin Foil Hats can be disengaged.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

And yet towns are under water and a bridge has been washed away in other parts of the state. We've had 56.5mm here in the last 24hrs.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:14 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ProudVIC
And yet towns are under water and a bridge has been washed away in other parts of the state. We've had 56.5mm here in the last 24hrs.
Evacuation orders possible for part of the State...
http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories...016&articleID=
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by boots
1707 Hr in Melbourne,very dry,extremely light winds.
Chicken Littles take heed.
Sky is NOT-Repeat-NOT falling in.
Tin Foil Hats can be disengaged.
That's okay then. Nothing happening in Melbourne so nothing happening elsewhere in Vic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.