Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Your thoughts on an "off topic" banter sub-forum here?

Your thoughts on an "off topic" banter sub-forum here?

Old Mar 21st 2009, 7:40 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your thoughts on an "off topic" banter sub-forum here?

I'm thinking along the lines of the Barbie section in the Oz forum, and the Sandpit section of the Middle East forum. A sub-forum for general banter that can go off topic - and let's face it we've had a lot of banter on here recently.

So... question...

1. Is this a good idea? If so, I'll stick a posting on the Site Recommendations sub-forum.

2. What to call it? I guess the Mods will decide on that but any suggestions, stick it on here - keep it clean guys. I quite like the sound of The Curry House.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:31 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your thoughts on an "off topic" banter sub-forum here?

It sounds like a damn good idea to me. Having just started looking on here in the hope of finding some sensible info on moving to the Philippines, it is depressing to find the whole forum dominated by one idiot who seems to think it is his own private playground. If he's allowed to get away with it, he will eventually destroy the forum.

Trouble is, I get the impression he will still "infect" the other threads and make a mockery out of them.

Its such a shame as most BritishExpat forums are so good and helpful.

Last edited by johnny five; Mar 21st 2009 at 8:37 am. Reason: too many "still"s
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Thanks Johnny. If you've not already done so, try doing a search on Philippines within this forum. There IS some good info from various people but you have to search for it.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Some names:

Sampan Chat (courtesy of fionamw)
Woks About (courtesy of fionamw)

Some variables on the above:

Wok n Woll
Wok the Futt
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:55 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katongkaren
I'm thinking along the lines of the Barbie section in the Oz forum, and the Sandpit section of the Middle East forum. A sub-forum for general banter that can go off topic - and let's face it we've had a lot of banter on here recently.

So... question...

1. Is this a good idea? If so, I'll stick a posting on the Site Recommendations sub-forum.

2. What to call it? I guess the Mods will decide on that but any suggestions, stick it on here - keep it clean guys. I quite like the sound of The Curry House.
In light of the recent banter what about

"Legless in Penang"? (sleepless in seattle)

Shouldn't be too hard to keep a rogue poster at bay for others to enjoy info on this great foodie place. Perhaps one day there might be a meetup where everyone gets legless any way
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Well, if Geelong Gent's post is affirmative (difficult to tell) that makes 3 of us and I guess it's not a popular idea. Me thinks the FE forum is going in the direction it took last year again.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:25 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if Geelong Gent's post is affirmative (difficult to tell) that makes 3 of us and I guess it's not a popular idea. Me thinks the FE forum is going in the direction it took last year again.
Well I've unsubscribed from most of the threads, if that's any indication. Never know who the hell you're talking to these days.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:32 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a good idea
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:45 am
Account Closed

Yes it's all getting ridiculous on here (again). Maybe see you guys in the Barbie sometime
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a good idea for countries to have their barbie/rovers/sand pit etc etc. It does make it easier for Mods and Admin to move OT threads/posts rather than having to delete them.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Oh Moneypen, nice to see you here and agree with you. So are you going to set one up for us on here? Can it be justified with just 4 of us thinking it's a good idea - or shall we just all b*gger off to the Barbie and the Sandpit?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Moneypen, nice to see you here and agree with you. So are you going to set one up for us on here? Can it be justified with just 4 of us thinking it's a good idea - or shall we just all b*gger off to the Barbie and the Sandpit?
I can't. Far East is outside my jurisdiction Unless you want to call yourselves an Australian offshoot Feel free to visit the other 'chat' sub forums though, everyone is welcome to visit any country they like.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:30 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It's all Australasia to me.

Come into the Barbie, KK. We talk as much crap there as on that other forum you and I go on.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Seasider
It's all Australasia to me.

Come into the Barbie, KK. We talk as much crap there as on that other forum you and I go on.
Exactly
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

New forums can only be set up by Sue, and if there is a big enough demand I'm sure she will do it.
In the meantime, I do try and pop in to some of the threads when I can but I have a fair bit on in real life at present so I can't promise I will read everything. Best I can suggest is that you all report the really stupid stuff so that all the SuperMods can see who the troublemakers are, then we may be able to get rid of them if we see they are annoying too many other members.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.