we're going to brunei

Old Sep 24th 2011, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

brocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant future
Default we're going to brunei

hi folks, fit like!?! my husband, son & i are relocating from scotland to KB, brunei in the not so distant future...hopefully! i'm finding it really hard to find useful info on all aspects & would be delighted if anyone would be gracious enough to share their hints, tips & experiences with me. hope to hear from lots of you soon. ty
Old Sep 25th 2011, 2:59 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we're going to brunei

Hi again! I've never been to Brunei but my OH worked there intermittently (just short trips) for a while. He didn't like it much but that was probably more to do with the fact that he enjoys a pint of beer... and Brunei was a "dry" state. I really don't know if that is still the case.

Hopefully someone will come along and give you some more positive info. Also try doing a search on here for some other threads (top right corner).

all the best with your planning
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I assume he'll be working for Shell?

Anyway the Panagar Club is the hub of everything ex pat although plenty of locals there as well. Last time I was there they had a yard of ale contest and then a 50 m sprint to the gents. Fun but not my favourite pass time.
Rugby is the big sport at the club and they have a nice pool and other facilities.

Mind you I'm talking about 1980 ish.

In those days a 4 wheel drive over no roads and a ferry across to Malaysia and Miri was a nice weekend getaway.
There's a road and bridge now so all the romance has gorn.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:09 am
Just Joined

brocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant futurebrocherabroad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi again! I've never been to Brunei but my OH worked there intermittently (just short trips) for a while. He didn't like it much but that was probably more to do with the fact that he enjoys a pint of beer... and Brunei was a "dry" state. I really don't know if that is still the case.

Hopefully someone will come along and give you some more positive info. Also try doing a search on here for some other threads (top right corner).

all the best with your planning
thank you BB for replying, it is still a dry country but non muslims can drink in their homes it appears so im happy enough with that!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ex reg

Anyway the Panagar Club is the hub of everything ex pat although plenty of locals there as well. Last time I was there they had a yard of ale contest and then a 50 m sprint to the gents. Fun but not my favourite pass time.
Rugby is the big sport at the club and they have a nice pool and other facilities.

In those days a 4 wheel drive over no roads and a ferry across to Malaysia and Miri was a nice weekend getaway.
ive been reading up on anything i can find ex reg & the panaga club looks like a lot of fun with plenty going on.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:47 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered how the plans are going? I guess it's a bit of an unusual destination to be researching. We don't get too many folks on here talking about Brunei.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Just wondered how the plans are going? I guess it's a bit of an unusual destination to be researching. We don't get too many folks on here talking about Brunei.
thanks for asking bb, everything is heading in the right direction. been in contact with a few people who have previously stayed their & they've been able to give me a few tips.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:49 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg

Can you pick up the 6 Nations Rugby out there? My husband gets miffed when he cannot see the Rugby whilst we are in Goa for the winter.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:19 am

Not sure about Brunei, but we saw some of the 6 Nations here in Malaysia which was nice. In Thailand they don't seem to have an interest in rugby unfortunately. You can get all the footie games in Thailand but usually with Thai commentary which is interesting. Occasionally get a UK Sky feed with English commentary.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:26 am

Hi juneeici

Are you living in Brunei? We have very few posters on BE in Brunei. It'd be nice to hear a bit more about it. I guess you must like it there.
Old May 19th 2012, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Joan Williams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi are you in Brunei yet? If so can you tell me how you are finding life out there as my husband has been offered a job there
Old May 20th 2012, 9:51 am

Hey Joan, just to say to the forum. Happy planning.
Old May 20th 2012, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome, are you in Brunei?
Old May 21st 2012, 9:22 am

Nope. You can see my location under my name... Penang.
Old May 21st 2012, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Yes i noticed that after i sent message. im new to this sort of thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.