Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Where is the best place to work, Australia or Singapore/Hong Kong?

Where is the best place to work, Australia or Singapore/Hong Kong?

Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:50 am
Just Joined

ozjourno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is the best place to work, Australia or Singapore/Hong Kong?

Hi, I'm a Australian journo writing a story about professionals tossing up between working in Singapore/HK vs Sydney/Melbourne. The British press is reporting that Brits would prefer to work in Asia as they get paid more there, taxes are lower, and Australia is too expensive these days.

I would really like to chat with someone who is in the process or has in the past had to consider the benefits/disadvantages of each (ie tax rates, lifestyle...). Doesn't matter what your ultimate decision was, just interested in hearing about the process.

It would be great if you are prepared to go on the record with your name and area of work (but not employers etc..) but I would be still interested in what you have to say if you wish to remain annonymous.

It is for an Australian newspaper but I am happy to speak with a Brit, Singaporean, European or Aussie, as long as you are a professional it doesn't matter! please PM with your phone number so we can chat, or to ask me any questions you might have.

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the best place to work, Australia or Singapore/Hong Kong?

You're going to be in bother - same post in 4 different forums, and requests like this are supposed to be pre-moderated and go in the Media forum.

I guess we qualify - Brits, lived in Singapore, could have stayed or moved to HK but gave up low taxes to move to Sydney.

PM me who you work for and what's the purpose of your article, and I'll see if my husband will talk to you (I work but he's the main earner so I follow him).
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Re: Where is the best place to work, Australia or Singapore/Hong Kong?

Originally Posted by Seasider
PM me who you work for and what's the purpose of your article, and I'll see if my husband will talk to you (I work but he's the main earner so I follow him).
lol, I sincerely hope that's not the only reason why you follow him...