British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Far East and Asia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/far-east-asia-59/)
-   -   Vietnam (https://britishexpats.com/forum/far-east-asia-59/vietnam-659085/)

Alexa Mar 12th 2010 4:48 pm

Vietnam

Hello!

Can somebody tell me which area in Vietnam is nice for a beach holiday?
I am an avid fan of Thailand, but would like to try something a little different.
Thank you.

xxxAlexa

welshlisa Mar 20th 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Vietnam

Phan tiet (Mui Ne to saigon expats - our general weekend getaway) is beautiful however a hairy 4hrs drive from Saigon.
A 1 hr plane ride from HCMC is Nha Trang, great beaches however a bit more built up than Mui Ne. if you go for the Ana mandara or one of the islands its fine.
Season depending, Hoi An is a must see.. beautiful china beach and the historic old town make for a fabulous mix -its about 2hrs plane from HCMC or Hanoi. Choose your season though.. it gets chilly and wet at times. Other times its hot. Been living here for years and still have a hard time figuring out their weather patterns in the central region!
Phu Quoc is a gorgeous rather unspoilt island in the south china sea off the south coast, near to cambodia. 45 mins frm HCMC plane. Lots of great hotels.. maybe the best place if you are looking for beach only. Try the Chen La hotel, gorgeous.

ex reg Mar 20th 2010 2:22 pm

Can you recommend hotels and how to get to some of these places by air.
Which airline etc.

Any dangers??????

edit: I see you recommend one hotel.
Is this and other hotels available for online booking?

Alexa Mar 27th 2010 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by welshlisa (Post 8434514)
Phan tiet (Mui Ne to saigon expats - our general weekend getaway) is beautiful however a hairy 4hrs drive from Saigon.
A 1 hr plane ride from HCMC is Nha Trang, great beaches however a bit more built up than Mui Ne. if you go for the Ana mandara or one of the islands its fine.
Season depending, Hoi An is a must see.. beautiful china beach and the historic old town make for a fabulous mix -its about 2hrs plane from HCMC or Hanoi. Choose your season though.. it gets chilly and wet at times. Other times its hot. Been living here for years and still have a hard time figuring out their weather patterns in the central region!
Phu Quoc is a gorgeous rather unspoilt island in the south china sea off the south coast, near to cambodia. 45 mins frm HCMC plane. Lots of great hotels.. maybe the best place if you are looking for beach only. Try the Chen La hotel, gorgeous.

Thank you for the info!
xoxoxo

andrewrh Apr 9th 2010 3:42 am

Re: Vietnam Beach

3 Attachment(s)
I enjoyed Nha Trang and surrounding area.

johnny five Apr 9th 2010 9:55 pm

Re: Vietnam Beach

Originally Posted by andrewrh (Post 8483344)
I enjoyed Nha Trang and surrounding area.

looks really nice! You know if you dumped a few tons of garbage around the place, along with a few thousand plastic bottles and empty booze bottles, it could almost be Goa!