Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

The ultimate order of Asian countries, plus Australia

The ultimate order of Asian countries, plus Australia

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

sandia911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The ultimate order of Asian countries, plus Australia

I am doing a little advance planning for my upcoming trips to Asia, and Australia, the period I need to fill up with destinations is (MAY2-JAN10). I need to fill up 2, 5,or 8 months, with Asian countries, and the rest Australia, altogether the trips will total 8 months. My question is the order in which to visit the countries (going with the climate, looking for cooler, drier months at each destination), avoiding wet, or humid months, when possible. Aside from climate, another factor that will help order the destinations is the availability of discount flights at each destination, like Air Asia, Tiger, Jetstar, and local airlines.

Here are the possible destinations
(mow i have to consider an order).

Australia
JAPAN-( best weather: apr-jun)
SOUTH KOREA,
TAIWAN
HONG KONG
SINGAPORE,
PHILLIPINES, ( i am considering visiting twice, because its an archipelago, and the visa free entry is only 21 days long, so 1 visit for Luzon (north island), a 2nd visit for Cebu (central islands), and maybe a final visit for Palawan, or Mindanao
INDONESIA, again may require two visits, java (1), and another island (2), I have already visited Bali

When it's all over (Jan10), i have to pick the last destination as the one that offers the cheapest possible flight to Honolulu.

In the past, that used to be Sydney, with Jetstar, the cheapest way to cross the Pacific, but it seems that fare is no longer available, if anyone can recommend an airline, or a flight around Jan10, anywhere in East, or Southeast Asia, (or Australia) to Honolulu, Hawaii, i will choose that place as the final destination. When i say cheap, i mean really cheap, like a couple hundred dollars one way.

Thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The ultimate order of Asian countries, plus Australia

I can tell you the best months to visit Taiwan in your schedule would be late Sept/Oct/Nov. For cheap flights to/from the Philippines look at Cebu Pacific.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

sandia911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probabaly the weather in Hong Kong is similar to Taiwan, right?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandia911
Probabaly the weather in Hong Kong is similar to Taiwan, right?
Yes but I think it's a bit less humid than here. HK is the hub for most flights in the region but you can fly to the Philippines very cheaply from Taiwan.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 8:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore is quite close to the equator and temperatures don't vary that much. It's hot all year round and tropical downpours at any time. However... may want to avoid December/early January as it gets the north-east monsoon big time and can get really heavy several day downpours.