Sri Lanka

Old Apr 25th 2020, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

zoekumara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sri Lanka

Hi all,

My first post on here so I apologise if I've broken any kind of rules or form.

I have spent the last 10 years visiting Sri Lanka and my heart is there. I'm not in the position to currently but in a couple of years I would like to move there if possible. Does anybody have any experience of this and setting up a business? Ideally I'd like to have a hostel / B&B type hotel as I have management experience of this already. A Sri Lankan friend has advised me that I may only be able to do this if a local owns 51% of the business.

Any info / advice would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sri Lanka

I had a colleague in Saudi Arabia who had property in Sri Lanka. He had to put it in the name of a Sri lankan. i query the wisdom of doing this.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sri Lanka

While the author of this piece is largely negative (and ignorant of Sri Lanka efforts to balance the need to protect the nation from Covid-19, and to allow tourism) the provisions offered seem to be quite reasonable.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/06/08/...ovid-19-tests/

As well Sri Lanka is for the first time looking to implement a long stay residence program akin to Malaysia MM2H and Panama and Costa Rica "pensionado" programs. Those are mainly geared to retirees who come and spend their foreign-earned capital within the economy.