British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Far East and Asia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/far-east-asia-59/)
-   -   Scrapes and Mishaps !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/far-east-asia-59/scrapes-mishaps-785525/)

nonthaburi Jan 29th 2013 9:32 am

Scrapes and Mishaps !!

had a few too many beers, got into a bit of bother , lost your money , woman , mind , clothes !!!!!

woke up in the street / hospital / park / wrong bed

happy ending / divorce / broken leg

let us know your funny stories !!

nonthaburi Feb 9th 2013 9:42 am

Re: Scrapes and Mishaps !!

I put this up a while ago but no one has bitten so I'll get the ball rolling . I;m not embarrassed !

Years ago when I lived on Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand ( before Mrs Nonthaburi and Co ) I spent quite a few years on a major hedonistic rollercoaster . no responsibilities so why not ?

Anyway , I wake up one morning in what I can only describe as a shack . Corrugated iron roof , about 3 metres by 4 metres . There was one young lady half on top of me kissing me and another young lady lying beside me . There was also an old man and an old woman in there as well , plus a boy who must have been about ten years old . so a bit of a squeeze . Needless to say ,I have got absolutely no idea how I got there or who these people are .

As I'm lying there in a sort of half-awake haze trying to piece things together , images and fragments of the night before start to come back to me . The night before I was in Had Rin which is where they have the Full Moon parties and now according to the people I woke up with I was in Bantai , which is sort of halfway between Had Rin and the port Tong Sala .

As I'm lying there more things come back to me . I had gone to the bank the day before to get some money . And oh shit ! My pockets are empty ! My passport has gone and I've lost the keys to the motorbike and presumably the bike as well . Ooops . I'm thinking I've f****** up a bit there .

Twenty minutes or so passes and everyone sort of starts getting up and the women start to explain how I got there . They hand over my wallet with everything in it , my passport and the keys to the bike . It turns out that they had seen me out of it in some bar , had been worried about my safety , the possibility of me being robbed .

So they found my bike and drove me back to their place .

A happy ending , it could have been very different . I was stupid but I got away with it .

I bought them all breakfast , the least I could do !

nonthaburi Feb 16th 2013 6:32 am

I guess everybody is too ashamed then !!

Come on , it can't have been that bad .

bakedbean Feb 16th 2013 12:22 pm

Some of us lead such drab boring lives ;):p

nonthaburi Feb 16th 2013 2:10 pm

or there are some stories that are better left unsaid .........