Moving to KL

Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:20 am
Just Joined

JayneG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to KL

Hi, new user to this site looking for some information, if anyone can help, please.
we are unhappy with the current schooling in the UK, can't afford private here, and as I travel to KL a couple of times a year we are considering moving there as this will not affect our UK based income (the old earn in pounds, spend in Ringitt).
Can anyone help with the best way of doing this?
I don't understand the school fee system as presented on the internet, need it in English English.
Can anyone recommend a good school to choose?
Where is a good area to move to, within KL?

we are only planning to be there for the next 8-10 years (children are 8 and 10), but will have no problem buying a property, funding ourselves etc.

and after that, who knows?!

Many thanks
Jayne
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to KL

Originally Posted by JayneG
Hi, new user to this site looking for some information, if anyone can help, please.
we are unhappy with the current schooling in the UK, can't afford private here, and as I travel to KL a couple of times a year we are considering moving there as this will not affect our UK based income (the old earn in pounds, spend in Ringitt).
Can anyone help with the best way of doing this?
I don't understand the school fee system as presented on the internet, need it in English English.
Can anyone recommend a good school to choose?
Where is a good area to move to, within KL?

we are only planning to be there for the next 8-10 years (children are 8 and 10), but will have no problem buying a property, funding ourselves etc.

and after that, who knows?!

Many thanks
Jayne
You'll probably place your kids in international schools which are more expensive than the local schools and you'll need to know what schooling system they use - US or UK etc.

Within KL there are international schools in the Mont Kiara and Ampang regions. Do a Google search on international schools in KL and check their fees.