Malarone

Old Nov 20th 2003, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Norwegianlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malarone

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy malarone in India, preferable in Bangalore?
Old Nov 29th 2003, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mrs/Ms. Norway,

What is Malarone? I lived in Bangalore for two years and if it's some sort of medicine then I would imagine it's possible to get it.

Some enlightenment would be good.

Must be cold in Norway now?
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:05 am
Just Joined

joely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Malarone

Originally posted by Norwegianlady
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy malarone in India, preferable in Bangalore?
Don't know for sure as I never tried buying it but I imagine you'd have no problem. Pharmacies are many and well stocked in the City of Angles. But are you sure you want to take them. I, along with many others, have suffered side effects from anti-malarials

For some scary stories about these, just punch the appropriate words into a search engine of your choice. It’s not pretty reading . Me, I took them ten years ago, got very sick (nausea, headaches, that kind of thing) and haven’t taken them since. I’ve just taken really good care not to get bitten. Easier said than done but its really not that tricky.

The kind of mozzies that carry malaria are only biting from dusk to dawn so I'd recommend as well as spending a bit of your hard-earned and investing in a good quality mosquito net and some mosquito repellent, cover up at dusk and if you’re an early riser, at dawn. Covering up really just means long sleeves, trousers and socks. If you’re careful then you’ll seriously limit the number of times you get bitten (Even if the little B*****S do get you a few times it would be highly unlikely that you’d contract the big M) and you won’t have to worry about, or suffer, hair loss, migraines, rashes etc.. This said however, you, of course, have to weigh up the pros and cons for yourselF.

I'm sure you will make the right decision for you.

Yours
Joel
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:07 am
Just Joined

joely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Malarone

Originally posted by Norwegianlady
Sorry got my posts mixed up..no idea if you can get it in India or Bangalore...the rest of my post is still valid though

Joel
Old Dec 28th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

symzie is an unknown quantity at this point

As well what Joely said, also avoid deoderant and any toiletries that have perfume in them. It is quite easy to just not get bitten if you do it right. And use deet of course
Old Dec 29th 2003, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I understand.

I lived in Bangalore for 2 years and we used 'Skin So Soft' most of the time to avoid being bitten. It's aparently what the US forces use to protect themselves from Mossies.

Be careful though as I don't think there's a big Malaria problem in Bangalore and I had colleagues who used masses of anti-malarials and then had eyesight problems.

I don't remember mossies being a big deal in Bangalore.

Have fun there.