Reload this Page >

Living in Nepal is great fun

Living in Nepal is great fun

Old Jul 21st 2012, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Moritz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Nepal is great fun

Hi folks,
actually I am surprised about how low profile Nepal is represented here!
I am living and working in Nepal since over 2 decades and our expat community here is quite significant. The Land of the Gurkhas should be known best to Britishers.... well enough to have a closer look at it. Nepal is probably one of the most picturesque and naturally beautiful country in South Asia (at least if one loves mountains above all the beaches)

Politically the youngest republic on planet Earth may be confusing and chaotic to orderly Europeans but the huge variety of different ethnic and indigenous people of Nepal could not care less about those in the seats of power. Expats have always been here and been respected and have been a vital part of society. There is an attitude here of "Koi! Khe Garne?" This is probably the most charming phrase of a foreign language that exists. It is almost daily in use and says more than anything about the Nepalese Society. Translated it has a very diffuse meaning in English that is best be described as "Heck...What to Do?" (about it...about anything).

Ask your gardener, your neighbor, your Nepalese colleague, your taxi driver, your barber ANYTHING that seem to be questionable, simply wrong or terrible wrong...the answer is Koi! Khe Garne?
Nepal is that kind of country that leaves you only with two choices: "You love it and get addicted or you receive a fat culture shock and go on the run...never to come back again." Which of the two personalities are you? Visit Nepal once and find out!
Old Jul 21st 2012, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Living in Nepal is great fun

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I'd love to go to Nepal, do you by any coincidence happen to know anyone or any business that would be able to help me in this dream?
(I know its a stretch, but I thought it was worth a chance to ask)
Hello Sir,

could you be more specific? Do you want to invest in Nepal like FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) or start an NGO? Buy property? Let me know and I certainly can help you with this.

Kind regards
(P.S. You are very socially active here...my compliments!
Yours
Moritz
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 3:27 am
Just Joined

ermie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nepal? I saw it in one of the travel channels and I am bit curious. I just wanted to stay for a week or two. How much is the cost of living? How is it compared with the likes of Bangkok and Bali?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ermie
Nepal? I saw it in one of the travel channels and I am bit curious. I just wanted to stay for a week or two. How much is the cost of living? How is it compared with the likes of Bangkok and Bali?
I am sure that Nepal is cheaper. If you come around 16. of October you are running into the annual Dasain Festival which is lasting 2 weeks and is more or less a Family festival. This can be boring for tourists because many attractions are simply closed. It is better to come after November 10 during Tihar Festival.
because then the Nepalese people share everything with their foreign guests like good food, dancing and merry making. In general one needs here in Pokhara Valley mid western Nepal approximately 2000 Rupees for real good food and quality guest house stay per day (US$ 22) (can be cheaper...there are many nice lodges). Do not stay in Kathmandu! Its really getting worse. Pollution and traffic chaos.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Bangkok is an unknown quantity at this point

I am coming to Sikkim and Bhutan later in the year - would love to visit Nepal too ... will see how my time pans out ..
Old Jan 6th 2013, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

shere0901 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am coming to Nepal and Bhutan for my Education tour in the Februari. I think that I enjoy this country very much.