Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Living in KL as tourist with dogs ???

Living in KL as tourist with dogs ???

Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Kazabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in KL as tourist with dogs ???

Hi, we are crrently in the Middle East, husband working. Once his contract finishes we would like to consider living in KL whilst he looks for another job. We don't have the resources to apply for MM2H but would have enough money to live on until he finds work, which could be anywhere in the world. This may mean that I am left alone in KL. My questions are:

1. Is it feasable that we arrive in KL with our 2 medium size dogs? The dogs are chipped and fully vacinated, holding French passports.
2. Will we be allowed in if we don't have a return ticket.

3. I've read the Visa Run threads and understand that this is possible for us - it's now every 28 days isn't it ??

4. If my husband finds work elsewhere in the world, will I be ok(safe) living on my own? Is a condo place safer for me? Am I right in thinking that they do allow well behaved dogs?

5. Is it correct that we can't open a bank account? How do you 'guys and gals' out there doing visa runs manage? Do you use credit cards?

The reason we are thinking of KL is that we were there on holiday last year. Loved the city. Also, are we correct in thinking that my husband wouldn't be taxed on his world wide income?

As a new member I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks.