Life in Penang

Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:45 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in Penang

I'm sure I've posted this before but IMHO every single (and some not so) man contemplating a move to Asia should be forced to read "Private Dancer" by Stephen Leather.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm sure I've posted this before but IMHO every single (and some not so) man contemplating a move to Asia should be forced to read "Private Dancer" by Stephen Leather.
Hi Seasider,

Is there an online version of it somewhere?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:25 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure but you can order it online I think. Google for it, I think he has a website.

I bought my copy in Singapore.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

SvampBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leglessfool
I am not rewriting my book on here, if you would like to read the story then look at: http://www.reedinter.co.uk/Legless-book.htm
I don't now if you people here on this forum now about this Aussie guy who runs this site about living in Thailand and Bangkok.
Hes site helped me before I disembarked from home to Asia. All the red flags are there in many submissions for anybody to read for free.

Take some time to read some of the so called green submission first!
http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/

I also think its good reading independent were you live in Asia and not only Thailand.
The signs are the same!
Trust me,,,,

I have not jet read your story leglessfool, but you are not alone.... far from it!

Rise and shine!
SvampBob

Last edited by SvampBob; Mar 12th 2009 at 11:04 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Seasider
I think every single man in their fifties or above should think twice b4 he gets involved with a woman seriously regardless of whether he lives in the east or west. I've made a concrete decision that I will never ever get involved with another woman seriously.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
Hi Seasider,

Is there an online version of it somewhere?
Here you go...

http://www.conanstevens.com/tall-act...-thailand.html

Regards
SvampBob
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:05 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

I am not rewriting my book on here, if you would like to read the story then look at: http://www.reedinter.co.uk/Legless-book.htm

This website looks like a scam ? any opinions ?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sherpa
This website looks like a scam ? any opinions ?
What makes you say that?

I don't see any incentive for it to be a scam.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:45 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

What makes you say that?

I don't see any incentive for it to be a scam.

Item# ISBN978-0-8059-8364-7
$10.00

Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

some expat living in asia decides to set up a book about an interesting subject and sell them at $10 a pop and live a bums life on donations from gullible people the way the website is set out just looks dumb and everybody has had a bad experience with a partner thats just life well im afraid i just think its a big scam for some bum living it up somewhere ?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Item# ISBN978-0-8059-8364-7
$10.00

Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

some expat living in asia decides to set up a book about an interesting subject and sell them at $10 a pop and live a bums life on donations from gullible people the way the website is set out just looks dumb and everybody has had a bad experience with a partner thats just life well im afraid i just think its a big scam for some bum living it up somewhere ?
You may have a point there. May be legless can come out and reject the idea of this being a scam.

But as you say we've all had a bad experience with life. To be honest my own is worse than his. But I've tried to put it behind me and don't really call myself a fool for what has not been my fault.

Why should I call myself a fool when some devious girl has cheated me? I'd rather call her a cheat. On the contrary, I should be proud of myself for having been a decent citizen of this world .... and that's why I can't understand why "legless" calls himself a fool?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks katongkaren, You are so very right. Just change the quote from being 'he's had enough of GFs for the time being' to 'he's had enough of Thai GFs for life' :curse:
Who cares ....
Rise and shine... Wiggle a toe!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:54 pm
Banned

You may have a point there. May be legless can come out and reject the idea of this being a scam.

But as you say we've all had a bad experience with life. To be honest my own is worse than his. But I've tried to put it behind me and don't really call myself a fool for what has not been my fault.

Why should I call myself a fool when some devious girl has cheated me? I'd rather call her a cheat. On the contrary, I should be proud of myself for having been a decent citizen of this world .... and that's why I can't understand why "legless" calls himself a fool?
That website shows an old man with a woman that must be atleast 20yrs younger than him now really why would a woman be interested in a man old enough to be her grand father sure there are cases of true love it can be so but generally its about economics and thai girls like most s.e asian girls are poor and a chance for them to rise above the poverty line by going with an oldman is exceptable and some will be your loyal companion and even love you but one should always remember its about economics so never kid yourselves .
Nothing wrong with dating a girl 20yrs your junior infact its probably the best tonic
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

That website shows an old man with a woman that must be atleast 20yrs younger than him now really why would a woman be interested in a man old enough to be her grand father sure there are cases of true love it can be so but generally its about economics and thai girls like most s.e asian girls are poor and a chance for them to rise above the poverty line by going with an oldman is exceptable and some will be your loyal companion and even love you but one should always remember its about economics so never kid yourselves .
Nothing wrong with dating a girl 20yrs your junior infact its probably the best tonic
I have nothing to fear from any girl, be it a Thai girl or a titanic girl I am not the type to spend any money on any woman at all, that's just never me. I have nothing in common with other men in terms of going all weak when they see a sexy crumpet. I have a lot of self control in all aspects of my life so don't need to be watchful at all. When you are brought up with Charles Bronson's films like I was then your whole behaviour becomes like his as I think mine has.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:39 am
Banned

I have nothing to fear from any girl, be it a Thai girl or a titanic girl I am not the type to spend any money on any woman at all, that's just never me. I have nothing in common with other men in terms of going all weak when they see a sexy crumpet. I have a lot of self control in all aspects of my life so don't need to be watchful at all. When you are brought up with Charles Bronson's films like I was then your whole behaviour becomes like his as I think mine has.
Its good that there are parts of the world where a guy can go to find love/companionship but one must never forget the rule's , we all get old most of us go bald and generally get fat in our old age and i bet none of the readers had eye's for 50ish plus fat greying ladies so like most things in life if its too good to be true then it aint
Its good that you can have the choice and if you are smart and patient you could find a loyal companion but it seems most just cant wait and end up with the first one that gives them a smile so its there thought if they get turned over
If you take the chance and take one back to your home land then if she is attractive and young and your say 20plus older then some young guy is going to take her from you :curse: thats life !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:51 am
Auntie Fa

Blimey guys, isn't it expat women that are supposed to be bitter and twisted?

Let's have a bit of balance here. I know plenty of mixed marriages in Asia, very successful ones. I know caucasian men married to educated career women, married to ex-maids, married to ex-hookers - the lot.

Not everyone is out to rip you off but, if you meet a bar girl who loves you long time and soon introduces you to her "brother" who needs some money for xyz, just exercise some caution, eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.