Life in Penang

Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:48 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life in Penang

Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:27 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
What??? Where in Australia do you live and what school do you go to there?
Originally Posted by Sherpa
Im hoping to get some info on how to deal with my situation and hope that somebody on this forum can give me some sound advice , this is my situation: Im british born but have been living in Australia for the past 15yrs and im looking to return to london in the new year but i have a girlfriend in asia that i would like to take to the UK with me to live she really hasnt got a skilled job and neither have i and i dont even have a job in the UK to go too all i have is enough to buy a place to live in london and then im able to start looking for work but i want to bring my girlfriend with me but am unsure how this will go down with the british migration dept im 46yr old so still able to work does anybody know if i will be able to bring my girlfriend to london under my circumstances ?
Now we know who the new husband is
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

What a silly thread this is.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Seasider
What a silly thread this is.
It could have been much more silly if no-one posted on it at all - at least we've now learnt about 1 or 2 of posters!!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

SvampBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, well... Penang is a great place and people are nice. Food is everywhere and delicious, cheap and full filling!
If you intend to rent a apartment its at a bargain price. 800 Ringgit in Bathu Ferrangi gets you a 3 room 2 toilets and a kitchen and a balcony apartment near beach!

In Georgetown the traffic can be very bad. Personally I would prefer staying there than Batu Ferrangi though!

Lots of shopping places.
Now they have WiMax Internet!
Many golf courses.
Many fitness places with swimming pools... tennis!
Horse racing!
7 Eleven, McDonald's, Starbucks.
Western food restaurants.

I prefer the street food. In little India there is one man selling the best Samosa I have ever tasted!

Regards
SvampBob
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SvampBob
Well, well... Penang is a great place and people are nice. Food is everywhere and delicious, cheap and full filling!
If you intend to rent a apartment its at a bargain price. 800 Ringgit in Bathu Ferrangi gets you a 3 room 2 toilets and a kitchen and a balcony apartment near beach!

In Georgetown the traffic can be very bad. Personally I would prefer staying there than Batu Ferrangi though!

Lots of shopping places.
Now they have WiMax Internet!
Many golf courses.
Many fitness places with swimming pools... tennis!
Horse racing!
7 Eleven, McDonald's, Starbucks.
Western food restaurants.

I prefer the street food. In little India there is one man selling the best Samosa I have ever tasted!

Regards
SvampBob
Bob, thanks for posting that info. It sounds great.

Please can I ask the following questions:

1- How much is the cost of unlimited internet per month?
2- The apartment you mentioned, was it fully furnished?
3- Are there many one-bedrom apartments available? And how much would they be?

4- Is it possible to get bored in Penang? I am used to big cities.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
Bob, thanks for posting that info. It sounds great.

Please can I ask the following questions:

1- How much is the cost of unlimited internet per month?
2- The apartment you mentioned, was it fully furnished?
3- Are there many one-bedrom apartments available? And how much would they be?

4- Is it possible to get bored in Penang? I am used to big cities.

Thanks in advance for your time.
1- 90 to 150 RM, Depending what you want. They also have 3G but its not so good. Disconnects when its bad weather. I don't now about the WiMax if it as sensitive like 3G but what iv heard its very fast anyway.

2- Partly furnished with a big bed in the master room and madrases on the floor in the other rooms. Strange looking sofa in the living room. No kitchen households!

3- I asked the lady who was taking me around if there were any around and she sad yeas. There should bee a Japanese landlord somewhere on the island who has studios and she sad it would cost 400 RM all utiletis inclouded. More investigations has to be made one this!

4- It is sad to say but it is very possible like every were els I suppose. I do now about a guesthouse were many old timers live and have a very good social life. I prefer not to mention the name of the place because I now they want there place to be a secret. But they live in this guesthouse and the atmosphere is excellent. Look around and wen you find it you will not regret it! ( Chines owned )

I'm trying my best. Hope you find my experience sattesfinig. I hope some one more capable member can contribute also.

Sorry my English... I hope its understandable!

Last edited by SvampBob; Mar 16th 2009 at 4:18 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

1- 90 to 150 RM, Depending what you want. They also have 3G but its not so good. Disconnects when its bad weather. I don't now about the WiMax if it as sensitive like 3G but what iv heard its very fast anyway.

2- Partly furnished with a big bed in the master room and madrases on the floor in the other rooms. Strange looking sofa in the living room. No kitchen households!

3- I asked the lady who was taking me around if there were any around and she sad yeas. There should bee a Japanese landlord somewhere on the island who has studios and she sad it would cost 400 RM all utiletis inclouded. More investigations has to be made one this!

4- It is sad to say but it is very possible like every were els I suppose. I do now about a guesthouse were many old timers live and have a very good social life. I prefer not to mention the name of the place because I now they want there place to be a secret. But they live in this guesthouse and the atmosphere is excellent. Look around and wen you find it you will not regret it! ( Chines owned )

I'm trying my best. Hope you find my experience sattesfinig. I hope some one more capable member can contribute also.

Sorry my English... I hope its understandable!

Bob, many thanks for answering my questions in great detail. Any idea how much the guesthouses will cost per month please?

TIA
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
Bob, many thanks for answering my questions in great detail. Any idea how much the guesthouses will cost per month please?

TIA
I have only stayed in one place. But the place I'm talking about is 19 Ringgit per day. No discount for longer stay. Still the best!!
570 Ringgit per month. If you want a power cable.... one more Ringgit per day!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

If there was a PM function on this forum i would give you the name of the guesthouse!

BTW moderators, why is there no PM function here?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

If there was a PM function on this forum i would give you the name of the guesthouse!

BTW moderators, why is there no PM function here?
Bob,

Thank you for answering all my questions so efficiently.

Your point about the lack of PM facilities is a very good one - may be we'll get an answer for it soon

Regards,

TD
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

First, thanks for getting this thread back on track. It is interesting.

Second, there is a PM function. Look at the top of your screen, right hand corner. There is a link for Private Messages. Also, you can PM from your profile.

Good luck.
F
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Foxy!
I don't now about you folks. I'm very spoiled. Send a PM here is like learning Quantum fysicts for me IE not easy peasy thing to do!
I give it a rest for now.

But hey, Penang is a good place!
And its a very nice place for relaxation. But be aware of the boredom thing. Keep you self bizzy... learn new things and don't be shy.
You have to be you and in focus. Try Thai chi, very nice art in contemplating and keep your spirit alert!

From Penang its easy fore travel to other places after awhile and come back. Enjoy Penang!

Its all up to you, my friends!

Regards
SvampBob

Last edited by SvampBob; Mar 16th 2009 at 8:54 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Foxy_fromCanada
Hello all,

Second, there is a PM function. Look at the top of your screen, right hand corner. There is a link for Private Messages. Also, you can PM from your profile.

Good luck.
F
Yes thanks I've seen it now
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:23 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff SvampBob. So you made it to Penang! Hey - you'll be able to put Location: Penang on your profile now.

Svamp, I don't know how long you've been there yet but what do you make of the crime situation there? I get the feeling from the online newspapers that things have improved quite a lot these days (maybe due to more control in Penang from the Chinese community??). What are you hearing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.