Life in Penang

Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:06 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice
Default Re: Life in Penang

Originally Posted by Seasider
Blimey guys, isn't it expat women that are supposed to be bitter and twisted?

Let's have a bit of balance here. I know plenty of mixed marriages in Asia, very successful ones. I know caucasian men married to educated career women, married to ex-maids, married to ex-hookers - the lot.

Not everyone is out to rip you off but, if you meet a bar girl who loves you long time and soon introduces you to her "brother" who needs some money for xyz, just exercise some caution, eh?
Hehehehe seaside im not bitter by no means like i said its good that there are places in this world that you can go to find love and yes you cant prejudge im not doing that there are far too many nice people out there

You just have to be realistic and dont try to pretend your a hugh heffner and go showing off your young bit of skirt to your old mates hehehehehe
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:40 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sherpa
and i bet none of the readers had eye's for 50ish plus fat greying ladies
Sorry to contradict Sherpa, but in the last year I've seen probably half a dozen 50ish western ladies with Thai guys a good 20 years younger than them - it's not all one-way traffic here. The last couple I saw a week ago in Tescos.

Right, got to go now, off to the supermarket
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Seriously, like everywhere, there's good gals, bad gals, educated gals, uneducated gals - even here on Phuket. I chat with girls on both sides of the bar - though you don't get too much of a scintillating conversation with some of the ones behind the bar, but some of the older guys need an ego-feed and go ga-ga over them (up to them really). The other side of the bar, you can find what I would call normal Thai women - business owners, educated workers. It's like anywhere really - just a bit top heavy on the uneducated ones unfortunately.

Anyway, we're getting right off topic again. And where the hell's Legless - he's not on a visa run is he?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:04 am
Legless recluse

leglessfool is on a distinguished road

Item# ISBN978-0-8059-8364-7
$10.00

Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

some expat living in asia decides to set up a book about an interesting subject and sell them at $10 a pop and live a bums life on donations from gullible people the way the website is set out just looks dumb and everybody has had a bad experience with a partner thats just life well im afraid i just think its a big scam for some bum living it up somewhere ?
This is not on my website, this is on the publishers website 'Readlead press' and in two years I have received nothing from them they just tell me that there has been no sales, so maybe they are a scam!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:09 am
Legless recluse

Originally Posted by katongkaren
Seriously, like everywhere, there's good gals, bad gals, educated gals, uneducated gals - even here on Phuket. I chat with girls on both sides of the bar - though you don't get too much of a scintillating conversation with some of the ones behind the bar, but some of the older guys need an ego-feed and go ga-ga over them (up to them really). The other side of the bar, you can find what I would call normal Thai women - business owners, educated workers. It's like anywhere really - just a bit top heavy on the uneducated ones unfortunately.

Anyway, we're getting right off topic again. And where the hell's Legless - he's not on a visa run is he?
I was out yesterday buying my train ticket for Laos and I ran into some friends that I haven't seen for 3 months because I haven't had the money to go out for a long time. So they just supplied me with beers all night

I am leaving for Laos tomorrow so I shall not be posting for about 4 days after today
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:12 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels, Legless.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:21 am
Legless recluse

Originally Posted by TheDreamer
You may have a point there. May be legless can come out and reject the idea of this being a scam.

But as you say we've all had a bad experience with life. To be honest my own is worse than his. But I've tried to put it behind me and don't really call myself a fool for what has not been my fault.

Why should I call myself a fool when some devious girl has cheated me? I'd rather call her a cheat. On the contrary, I should be proud of myself for having been a decent citizen of this world .... and that's why I can't understand why "legless" calls himself a fool?
I consider myself a fool because it has happened more than once with me, so I do blame myself for letting it happen and not being more observant. FYI I am still married to the first person that cheated me, we have been married for 23 years and separated for 20 years, but if I want a divorce then it is going to cost me - Thai women!!!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:36 am
Legless recluse

Originally Posted by Seasider
Safe travels, Legless.
Thanks seasider, I like Laos, anywhere is better than Thailand.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:55 am
Legless recluse

The best way to get to know people properly in any country is to have a good knowledge of their language and pretend that you don’t understand it and just listen to conversations. That is exactly what I now do in Thailand and I have learned a lot about these people!!!

We are digressing away from the main point of this thread now, so would anyone like to know anything about Penang before I go to Vientiane?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by leglessfool
I like Laos, anywhere is better than Thailand.
Then why not move there (even if only a temporary move)? It's very cheap I hear, so you'd save money faster

Cannot really understand, if you genuinely hate this country so much, why you are staying.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:47 am
Legless recluse

Originally Posted by katongkaren
Then why not move there (even if only a temporary move)? It's very cheap I hear, so you'd save money faster

Cannot really understand, if you genuinely hate this country so much, why you are staying.
I call it 'the financial trap', I just have enough money to survive and go for a visa as required, I do not have enough money for anything else, including moving. Everything that I own in the world is in my room in Bangkok and even though it is not a lot, just computer and clothes, it will cost me to move it.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:21 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

I call it 'the financial trap', I just have enough money to survive and go for a visa as required, I do not have enough money for anything else, including moving. Everything that I own in the world is in my room in Bangkok and even though it is not a lot, just computer and clothes, it will cost me to move it.
Legs why do you just live in a room in bkk ? is it like a bedsit ? i dont understand your position could you elaborate it sounds interesting
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:37 am
Legless recluse

Legs why do you just live in a room in bkk ? is it like a bedsit ? i dont understand your position could you elaborate it sounds interesting
It is like a bedsit and I live here because this is the cheapest that I can find, I even cook in it. There are no other foreigners around here, I am the only one, so I just stay in my room and work on my computer and websites, a recluse!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:44 am
Banned

It is like a bedsit and I live here because this is the cheapest that I can find, I even cook in it. There are no other foreigners around here, I am the only one, so I just stay in my room and work on my computer and websites, a recluse!
Why dont you go back to the UK and live and be with friends and family ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:46 am
Legless recluse

Why dont you go back to the UK and live and be with friends and family ?
I don't have any friends and family in the UK and I don't have the money to go back there even if I wanted to, the financial trap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.