Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

I need help to find job in tropical temperatures.

I need help to find job in tropical temperatures.

Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

clasship is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need help to find job in tropical temperatures.

I need your help to live in tropical temperatures for medical reasons. I suffer a rare condition, Prizemetal angina, and in my case it’s triggered by breathing in cold air. Cold air feels like I am having a heart attack, because it spasms the artery from my lungs to my heart, and it has caused heart attacks even at +13c. I love Asia, I spent the last two years in Thailand maybe you can help, or know someone who can help me.
I am now back in the UK, I am basically living a life in indoors, I can afford the airfare to Asia, but I need to fund living there, thus I need a job. I am more than happy to do voluntary work, but I will need accommodation, and money for food, hiring a scooter for transport and a few beers etc.
Because I suffered more heart attacks than you would believe, and a massive stroke to which I was told I would be wheelchair bound, I fought back made a great recovery, and walk and talk again. In December 2015 I had quite a rare operation on my heart, and not died since, result or what. I can drive which would be a great job for me, or work in an office. I cannot do heavy manual work because being a little weak on my RHS and my damaged heart. I was a top salesman in the UK and also taught selling, I soon became an area sales manager, regional sales manager and then the sales manager. I have always been interested in property, I had a property investment company for 25 years, perhaps I could rent or sell property for estate agents.
I have many fine attributes including being 100% genuine, 100% honest, of high integrity, reliable, tenacious, and with no vices or issues save for medical issues as above. What I desperately need is a break, to be introduced to someone who can offer me a genuine opportunity for me to live in tropical temperatures.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I need help to find job in tropical temperatures.

Hi and welcome to BE.
This is not really what BE is for but I'll let it go for the moment as posters may be able to advise on visas, investment.
No-one here is going to offer you a job though but they can maybe help you to help yourself.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:05 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: I need help to find job in tropical temperatures.

Originally Posted by clasship
I need your help to live in tropical temperatures for medical reasons. I suffer a rare condition, Prizemetal angina, and in my case it’s triggered by breathing in cold air. Cold air feels like I am having a heart attack, because it spasms the artery from my lungs to my heart, and it has caused heart attacks even at +13c. I love Asia, I spent the last two years in Thailand maybe you can help, or know someone who can help me.
I am now back in the UK, I am basically living a life in indoors, I can afford the airfare to Asia, but I need to fund living there, thus I need a job. I am more than happy to do voluntary work, but I will need accommodation, and money for food, hiring a scooter for transport and a few beers etc.
Because I suffered more heart attacks than you would believe, and a massive stroke to which I was told I would be wheelchair bound, I fought back made a great recovery, and walk and talk again. In December 2015 I had quite a rare operation on my heart, and not died since, result or what. I can drive which would be a great job for me, or work in an office. I cannot do heavy manual work because being a little weak on my RHS and my damaged heart. I was a top salesman in the UK and also taught selling, I soon became an area sales manager, regional sales manager and then the sales manager. I have always been interested in property, I had a property investment company for 25 years, perhaps I could rent or sell property for estate agents.
I have many fine attributes including being 100% genuine, 100% honest, of high integrity, reliable, tenacious, and with no vices or issues save for medical issues as above. What I desperately need is a break, to be introduced to someone who can offer me a genuine opportunity for me to live in tropical temperatures.
Sorry to hear of your health problems. Are you married? How old are you? Do you have a degree? Do you have any other languages than English?

It won’t be easy to secure a work visa unless you have a skill that a local could not do. I guess the most likely occupations for you would be in the tourism or hospitality industry or working in imports/exports.

I know it can be cheap to live in some South East Asian countries such as Thailand and the Philippines but you would still need to find a way of paying for medical insurance.....with your medical history it may be difficult to find an insurer willing to take you on?

The obvious way to try and get a residency visa is to marry a local person I guess, but I wouldn’t recommend it
Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I know it can be cheap to live in some South East Asian countries such as Thailand and the Philippines but you would still need to find a way of paying for medical insurance.....with your medical history it may be difficult to find an insurer willing to take you on?
Reading the medical history of the topic starter would it also seem important that the health care system would be of sufficient quality in case any of the ailments return.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:26 am
Just Joined

I am 59 years old, single, with no degree and I only speak English. I can't get medical insurance. One reason I chose Thailand to live in the past two years, was because of the good private hospitals. I actually left the UK in 2004, I bought a yacht and lived on that for seven years, but the expense was killing, it took six years to sell it. In 2002 I was told after a massive heart attack I would not last two years, and then I had the stroke in 2003, so I started crossing of my bucket list.

I had loads more heart attacks and arrhythmia's, but survived, not least because in 2011 I had an ICD fitted. In December 2015 had ablation heart surgery, and not been de-fibbed since. The trouble is, I had been self financing all this time and now with no funds and living in the UK and it's winter. I posted my post in the hope someone knows someone who could employ me, preferably in Asia.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Please note, I am more than happy to do voluntary work. I have written to endless charities and organisation, and received just one reply telling me their organisation was only for Americans. I have a real medical need to live in warm temperatures, to let me live a normal life, someone must know someone who can use me.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 10:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

You were in Thailand for 2 years you said. So what work did you do there? Or did you have retirement visa ?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 11:19 am
Just Joined

I had a retirement visa.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 11:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

No chance of doing that again?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 12:13 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect you need to give up the idea of ‘the tropics’ and just winter somewhere warmer in the eu where there is medical care, and you can get to the uk easily and the NHS if really needed. Why were you paying for medical care in the uk?

Southern greece, canaries, madeira, malta, cyprus?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

I did a lot of research where to live, even in the the warmest countries such as Cyprus and the Canaries it gets too cold in mid winter, albeit I totally agree it is warmer than the UK. Asia has some other benefits, it is cheaper, if nothing else and I like the Asian way of life and food. I also gather getting free health care in some countries, and particularly the Canaries is not guaranteed even with a E111 card. I do not pay for health care in the UK. It's not just a case of wintering abroad, the present system does not allow me to live abroad for the winter, trust me I have been officially told this many times, despite my medical condition which is 100% documented and accepted and then there are the airfares. I am hoping that someone knows someone who can help me
/ employ me, and on this site someone will know that one person who can change my life. I don't have a lot of options, so I need a personal introduction.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

If anyone wants to check me out, I live in East Surrey and can get up to London. Now there must be someone on this site who knows someone in London who can give there opinion of me.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clasship
If anyone wants to check me out, I live in East Surrey and can get up to London. Now there must be someone on this site who knows someone in London who can give there opinion of me.
I'm not sure how that would help though - somebody in London's opinion isn't likely to be much use in finding you a job in Asia? As said above, you're not likely to get a job via BE, although you can place an in the Jobs Wanted section if you want to give it a go, as the main forums are really just for chat and questions.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

I was thinking if there is somebody on this site who was in a position to help me, and I bet there is, they might like the comfort of someone they know in London meeting up with me to check me out.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 10:22 pm

My opinion.... I think UK-grenada has the best idea.

I'm sorry, if you have health issues, and you are living out here in Asia, unless you have some superduper health insurance, it will cost you $$$$ That's just a downside to living in Asia. And I speak from experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.